Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philden

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
I wanna know how long is my ipod going to last.
No-one can tell you that. Either the battery or the hard drive will fail at some stage. The good news is that batteries are easy to find and you can replace the hard drive with microSD cards and an iFlash adapter. Just make sure you have a backup of your music.

Reactions: mikehalloran

_thattinyguy_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2023
No-one can tell you that. Either the battery or the hard drive will fail at some stage. The good news is that batteries are easy to find and you can replace the hard drive with microSD cards and an iFlash adapter. Just make sure you have a backup of your music.
Oops, i gotta correct that, its "I wanna know how long my ipod battery is going to hold", but anyways, its a new 850mah battery, do you have the estimated hours until it shuts off?

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
You'll have to do your own battery test to see the amount of hours/minutes you'll get with your current battery. It likely won't get the same as it once did, but even original batteries sometimes last hours on a single charge these days. Good luck!

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
You’ll have to test, yes. I expect you’ll need to run a few charge/drain cycles to get a true idea of the expected runtime.

Reactions: mikehalloran
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.