Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I don't have a lot of the details, I'm trying to help someone out. They have an iPod Touch(3rd Gen I believe), they ran GreenPois0n and it failed. Now when you plug it into a PC, Windows gives you a message saying "Device not recognize...). iTunes does not see the iPod, even when putting it in DFU mode. Tried 2 different computers. I don't have the iPod with me at the moment, I wish I could try a few things now, but I am looking for some answers.

Any ideas on what might need to be done?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Did you try going into DFU mode and jailbreaking again?

It won't even recognize it in DFU mode. Thanks. We actually gave up on it, I think it is something more than a jb gone wrong. Something else is bad with it.

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
No, I meant did you try jailbreaking it again AND THEN seeing if it would recognize it after completing the JB?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
No, I meant did you try jailbreaking it again AND THEN seeing if it would recognize it after completing the JB?

I can't jailbreak it again because the computer won't even recognize it. The GreenPios0n tool doesn't even see that an iPod is plugged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.