Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DuckSausage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Hey y'all,

I've had a 3rd generation 36 GB iTouch (never jailbroken) for about 1.5 years, and until this week it's run perfectly. No lag, no slowness. In fact, it's been really responsive, and has seen slowdowns only a handful of times once the multitasking update first came out.

This week, however, my iTouch has been getting less responsive, and otherwise very laggy. Examples:

-When opening or switching to an app, I can't make the app immediately respond to a normal left or right swipe. If I open a book reader, I need to swipe left / right about 6+ times before the page will actually turn.

-When quick-pressing an app or quick-pressing something inside of an app, often times the iTouch will think that I'm really long-pressing, giving me the option to close/delete apps or copy/paste something inside an app.

-When scrolling up/down in an app, frame rates take a nose dive, and are also somewhat unresponsive. Sometimes, I will need to swipe up/down a few times before I can scroll.

-Oftentimes after touching the screen to make a selection, the screen freezes on that particular frame for a good 5-10 seconds before completing the selection.

Some system specs:

-All apps in the background except for maybe 1 or 2 are CLOSED when encountering the above problems. (To add, before this week, even when I had 12+ apps running simultaneously, there was no lag, so I doubt my issues are being caused by multitasking apps stealing all the RAM.)

-Firmware version 4.3.3. (Before this week, firmware version was running smoothly on the iTouch).

-Capacity: 29GB / Available: 8GB

-Have restarted iTouch several times, and the problems still exists.

-Have restored iTouch back to factory default settings, and the problems still exist.

-Have backed up iTouch to latest settings, and problems still exist.

The only thing I can think that might have caused this problem would be that I've downloaded a bunch of new apps very recently.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Duck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.