Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlo2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Hey, I have a 3G iPod touch that was previously jailbroken for a long time, until the battery died so I have to jailbreak it again. And now the previous way I used to jailbreak my ipod, which was with blackrain, does not work anymore, or at least it does not look like it is working anymore.

I just want to know if I use one of the newer programs to jailbreak my iPod if I will lose all my stuff that was previously on it or will it still be there.

This has happened once before but I used blackrain again last time and it worked fine, but not this time.

Thanks.

jessieblack98

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
jailbreaking ipod touch

Hey, I have a 3G iPod touch that was previously jailbroken for a long time, until the battery died so I have to jailbreak it again. And now the previous way I used to jailbreak my ipod, which was with blackrain, does not work anymore, or at least it does not look like it is working anymore.

I just want to know if I use one of the newer programs to jailbreak my iPod if I will lose all my stuff that was previously on it or will it still be there.

This has happened once before but I used blackrain again last time and it worked fine, but not this time.

Thanks.

try using Greenpoison:apple:

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
As the above poster said, go ahead and use greenpois0n. I recommend restoring and setting up your iPod as new, syncing over all your stuff from your library, then use greenpois0n. I used it on my iPod touch 2G and took literally a few minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.