Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nextarity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2023
I got an iPod Touch 4th Gen as a collector's item but when I was restoring it. I tripped on the cord and it got unplugged halfway. Its now on the recovery screen and I can't exit it but whenever I try to restore it. The iPod restarts and iTunes says "This iPod was previously in DFU mode, but restarted and is no longer in DFU mode". I've tried switching cables, using different computers, different iTunes versions but nothing works. I really need a solution if you have one.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
I tried that but it goes back to recovery. Any more options?
Get thee to a Genius Bar. The Touch 4 is listed as Vintage with Apple meaning that they will check it for free and service it if parts are available (for a fee, of course)

iPod products vintage worldwide​

• iPod nano (7th generation, Mid 2015)
  • iPod shuffle (4th generation, Mid 2015)
  • iPod touch (4th generation)

Nextarity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2023
Get thee to a Genius Bar. The Touch 4 is listed as Vintage with Apple meaning that they will check it for free and service it if parts are available (for a fee, of course)

iPod products vintage worldwide​

• iPod nano (7th generation, Mid 2015)
  • iPod shuffle (4th generation, Mid 2015)
  • iPod touch (4th generation)
Thanks they were able to restore it successfully. Idk why is worked for their computer and not mine.
A2D46942-5F6A-4339-A85D-3EA5F84357AA.jpeg

Reactions: mikehalloran

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
Thanks they were able to restore it successfully. Idk why is worked for their computer and not mine.
You're welcome. Glad to help.

I could guess that something in their diagnostics allows them to do a deeper Restore than we mere mortals are able — but it doesn't really matter, right?

Time to Declare Victory and party on (and be glad this wasn't a Touch 3)!

Reactions: Nextarity
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.