Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveCPA

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2023
I am not a MacOS or wearables user. Is it possible to block these from the activity feed? Thanks in advance!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Can't you just not look at the relevant threads or subject areas in which those are discussed? Why the need to totally block them from your sight? For instance, I don't use Air Pods or ear buds, but it is a simple enough matter when coming into MR to first look at the threads that I am watching, then skim over the list of new posts, new threads. Just because a particular area is active doesn't mean I need to bother looking at it. Seriously, it is an easy enough process to do my own conscious and subconscious filtering.... If I am not interested in a topic, why even look at it?

I have no plans to be buying and using the upcoming Vision Pro, either, and again I will simply not bother with the subforum in which there are conversations about them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Euroamerican

DaveCPA

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2023
Personal preference. Nothing more. Nothing less. It makes it easier for me to browse the topics in which I am interested.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Can mark a subforum as Ignored to “remove” from most (all?) views.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 62

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
Can't you just not look at the relevant threads or subject areas in which those are discussed? Why the need to totally block them from your sight? For instance, I don't use Air Pods or ear buds, but it is a simple enough matter when coming into MR to first look at the threads that I am watching, then skim over the list of new posts, new threads. Just because a particular area is active doesn't mean I need to bother looking at it. Seriously, it is an easy enough process to do my own conscious and subconscious filtering.... If I am not interested in a topic, why even look at it?

I have no plans to be buying and using the upcoming Vision Pro, either, and again I will simply not bother with the subforum in which there are conversations about them.
I "ha ha" this because it is so true. Why can't people just change the channel if they don't like what's on that channel? I have a friend who doesn't like seeing any (Television....) channels that are not broadcasting in English. He complained about it all the time and wanted a way to hide the channels from his "up/down" button on his remote. "I don't know man... just click through them...."

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I "ha ha" this because it is so true. Why can't people just change the channel if they don't like what's on that channel? I have a friend who doesn't like seeing any (Television....) channels that are not broadcasting in English. He complained about it all the time and wanted a way to hide the channels from his "up/down" button on his remote. "I don't know man... just click through them...."
On a purely technical note, all modern TV's should have a way to delete channels from the up/down button sequence. "Modern" means any TV or receiver produced in at least the last 15 years or so, since the US went to digital broadcasting (ATSC).

This does require manual configuration, and will quite likely require reading the user guide for the specific TV model in question and following the instructions there.

Some cable boxes also have the capability of selecting which channels appear in the up/down sequence.

Reactions: Euroamerican
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.