Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulsonj72

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
The iPhone SE 2020 is what got me into the iPhone eco system and I have since upgraded to the iPhone 12 Pro Max(I am keeping the SE as a backup) I really like it but wanted a bigger screen size for videos and such.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Does anyone know what kind of identification it will require? Face, fingerprint, or numbers? I'm just curious. What would be a good phone case?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
iPhone 12 has Face ID only, no Touch ID. One also does use a passcode as well, in order to have a backup in case Face ID doesn't work well in some circumstances. It also offers 5G so that will be different but your carrier may require you to change your current plan or pay a little more each month for the service. Choosing a phone case is a pretty personal thing, as we all have different preferences.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
When did iPhones start using 5G? Anyway, I am looking forward to ordering! :D

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I think the iPhone 12 series is the first to offer 5G, as my iPhone 11 Pro does not have it. This may or may not require an adjustment (i.e., a higher monthly cellular phone bill) in your current charges in what you pay now for your actual phone line, as some carriers charge extra for it while others don't.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Does anyone know what kind of identification it will require? Face, fingerprint, or numbers? I'm just curious. What would be a good phone case?

You don’t even know it has FID and 5G, you didn’t do your homework well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.