Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO
So I was able to get online this morning and tried to fire off my preapproved IUP preorder. I get to the end and it asked for my 3 digit CVV. So I punched it in the it just errors out and said to renter my card number and 3 digit CVV. No worries order fires through.

Later this morning I get 2 denied Apple Charges on my Apple CC. Also got an email to update payment info. Also got the approval loan/number from Citizens. I go odd.

So I wait a little to see if I can update the payment info and so far all it will let me do that just cancel order. So, I call Apple and they look into it and ask me to look at my approved loan at Citzens while they investigate. Everything checks out at Citzens correct CC number and all.

So Apple and I go through some of the billing info on the order and it seems like during the order process it pulled from my Apple App and used the wrong expiration date (doh didn’t update there as I use to Face ID and it pulls the wallet). So now the normal CSR team can’t edit the order due to it being IUP and it has to be escalated to a special team to reprocess the order with a window of 24-48 hours call back from them to confirm the new payment details for Apples initial part.

So lesson learned update the app payment details …

So real question what are the odds they call me back in that window and odds if my order gets delayed???

UPDATE - They called and got it sorted out!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.