Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NikkiAngel

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
Buffalo, NY
I just downloaded and started using Jump Desktop with my iMac and 10th Gen iPad. (I am currently waiting on delivery for my iPP M4 - hurry up UPS!!)

This is helping me come closer to my dreams of using my iPad as a real desktop replacement. The ONLY reason I can’t use my iPad as a true “laptop” is because I need to use ONE spreadsheet that has macros and of course we all know that iPads can‘t run desktop excel. Everything else I do I can certainly do it on my iPad.

I just wanted to know if there were any tips or tricks I should know when using Jump Desktop. Also can you share your connectivity stories, does it always work for you?

I am hoping I would be able to use this configuration when traveling (i.e. on a cruise ship).

Thanks in advance!

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
I just downloaded and started using Jump Desktop with my iMac and 10th Gen iPad. (I am currently waiting on delivery for my iPP M4 - hurry up UPS!!)

This is helping me come closer to my dreams of using my iPad as a real desktop replacement. The ONLY reason I can’t use my iPad as a true “laptop” is because I need to use ONE spreadsheet that has macros and of course we all know that iPads can‘t run desktop excel. Everything else I do I can certainly do it on my iPad.

I just wanted to know if there were any tips or tricks I should know when using Jump Desktop. Also can you share your connectivity stories, does it always work for you?

I am hoping I would be able to use this configuration when traveling (i.e. on a cruise ship).

Thanks in advance!
Been using it for years with various iPads and Mac minis. Its pretty plug and play, best thing to do is try out the various configs and see what works, and come back with questions if they arise.

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Jump Desktop works really well. I can even use it to run my 3D CAD program from my Mac without any lag.

I use a Logitech mouse and the middle butt even works.

I’m looking forward to using it with my new iPad 13.

NikkiAngel

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Been using it for years with various iPads and Mac minis. Its pretty plug and play, best thing to do is try out the various configs and see what works, and come back with questions if they arise.
I figured out a couple of issues so far, but the one I haven’t found is how can I show all open apps on my Mac? Also how can I swipe between desktops that are open on my Mac?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.