Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
That's the point of this thread. There is no "by 4/3" He specifically told me it won't ship UNTIL 4/3. None of them.

Then you original post doesn't make any sense.

He said that only a very small fraction of cases had already begun shipping but they will most certainly NOT be delivered on the 3rd.

How can they already be shipping and not be delivered by the 3rd? Are they shipping Alaskan Hucky Ground?

Also, what is a small fraction in Apple's eye? 20, 000 units ? 8,000 units?

Some people will have their cases, just not all.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Then you original post doesn't make any sense.

He said that only a very small fraction of cases had already begun shipping but they will most certainly NOT be delivered on the 3rd.

How can they already be shipping and not be delivered by the 3rd? Are they shipping Alaskan Hucky Ground?

Also, what is a small fraction in Apple's eye? 20, 000 units ? 8,000 units?

Some people will have their cases, just not all.

I figured you'd be smart enough to take that into account when reading my previous post.

And no, not some people... "a very small fraction" of people will have their cases on launch.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
That's the point of this thread. There is no "by 4/3" He specifically told me it won't ship UNTIL 4/3. None of them.

Anyone with reasonable expectations would have assumed that Apple would fully stretch their "ships by 4/3" to shipping on 4/3.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Slightly OT here, but what is everybody's favorite of the 3rd party cases? The Apple case does not get very good reviews and I want something else, particularly something with a little space to hold accessories such as the camera adapter and cables.

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
Slightly OT here, but what is everybody's favorite of the 3rd party cases? The Apple case does not get very good reviews and I want something else, particularly something with a little space to hold accessories such as the camera adapter and cables.

It doesn't get good reviews? Are you serious? Nobody has one yet; that's not even possible.

Maybe it will end up getting bad reviews, but as of now that's entirely false.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007

Off topic as well, though not related to your post while not intentionally avoiding it either; Do you know if you can fold the case while open "flat-backed" to the iPad?

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
I figured you'd be smart enough to take that into account when reading my previous post.

And no, not some people... "a very small fraction" of people will have their cases on launch.

It's not about me being smart enough, it's about you communicating effectively. I can only take what you give me, and what you gave me was a contradiction.

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Just put it in a large ziplock bag. Touch screen will work through it. I've done this before with an iPod touch. I was going to do the ziplock bag with the iPad, but I found that a local elctronics store has some iPad cases in stock, so I plan to go there before Saturday to pick one up.
:)
I did that with my iPhone on vacation. It was nice to be able to take care of emails for work from the pool.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
No, "by" means up to and including the specified date (i.e. "not later than")

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/by

Definition #6

I know it means it can be delivered on the 3rd AS WELL... Get the morning gunk out of your eyes, open them, and read what I'm saying. I was told that they FOR SURE were not shipping UNTIL the 3rd. "by" means any day up to and including that day. ON means ONLY that day. Get it?

:)
I did that with my iPhone on vacation. It was nice to be able to take care of emails for work from the pool.

Lol I put foam on the back and wrapped my touch up in Plastic wrap which is what I may do. It's ghetto but it works! lol. I just really wish it was coming with my iPad.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
All I'm saying is that shipping on the 3rd is completely consistent with what they originally stated and not really news.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Well, since I have checked the iPad a few weeks ago, the case always said "Mid April". Seems like it hasn't changed:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC361ZM/A?mco=MTcyMTgxODY

Why the confusion on this?

Maybe because the people that ordered the first few hours had (and still have) "Ships by April 3rd".

Rumors of delayed shipments didn't surface until after I ordered a few days later. Had I known I might well have ordered a 3rd party case instead.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Maybe because the people that ordered the first few hours had (and still have) "Ships by April 3rd".

Rumors of delayed shipments didn't surface until after I ordered a few days later. Had I known I might well have ordered a 3rd party case instead.

"Ships by April 3rd", key phrase. Didn't say delivered. I'm still wondering what the confusion is?

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
"Ships by April 3rd", key phrase. Didn't say delivered. I'm still wondering what the confusion is?
Yeah, I don't get it either. I think some people will find anything to bitch about.

"My case won't be shipped until the 3rd when Apple said it would be shipped by the 3rd"
"Apple ripped us off for not explaining to us that we didn't need to pay extra to have our iPad delivered on the 3rd"
"I'm mad UPS won't say my iPad will be delivered early Saturday morning. I don't want to wait until the afternoon"
"The iPad won't display full HD"

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I wouldn't get worked up over this case. Wait two weeks and by then there will be lots of cases

Apple's case may end up being a dog. Frankly, it looks funny to me (functional but cheap looking)

My God there are going to be case upon cases.

just relax.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, I don't get it either. I think some people will find anything to bitch about.

"My case won't be shipped until the 3rd when Apple said it would be shipped by the 3rd"
"Apple ripped us off for not explaining to us that we didn't need to pay extra to have our iPad delivered on the 3rd"
"I'm mad UPS won't say my iPad will be delivered early Saturday morning. I don't want to wait until the afternoon"
"The iPad won't display full HD"

You can chill out any time bro. I'm simply stating that my case NOR yours or anyone else's will not ship same day as our iPad.

SOME PEOPLE think they are saving the day with posts like your when really, THEY AREN'T.

I wouldn't get worked up over this case. Wait two weeks and by then there will be lots of cases

Apple's case may end up being a dog. Frankly, it looks funny to me (functional but cheap looking)

My God there are going to be case upon cases.

just relax.

Yeah man I just read a review of the case saying that it seems cheaply made. If it does in addition to it not folding flat back, I may return it, not sure though. Ill have to see when I get it.

I am VERY excited to see what cases they come up with. :D

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
You can chill out any time bro. I'm simply stating that my case NOR yours or anyone else's will not ship same day as our iPad.

SOME PEOPLE think they are saving the day with posts like your when really, THEY AREN'T.
Lighten up, Francis.

I understand that the phrase "Ships: By April 3RD" means the case may not arrive at my house before April 3rd.

But you never know. My case may be one of the ones you said shipped already. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.