Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
My two kids each have an iPhone and an iPad. I set up Screen Time for both of them with the parental controls.

Don’t know when this started happening but my daughter’s iCloud settings are locked on both her iPhone and iPad.

My son’s iCloud is only locked on his iPhone but fully accessible on his iPad. From what I can tell, they have identical settings and parental controls.

Is there something I’m missing? Everyone is on 17.3 but I noticed this on 17.2 also.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Screen time is perhaps buggier than Siri, and that's saying something.

Tonight, my daughter wasn't able to call me. The error is that "[My name] is not in your contacts." I mean obviously I am, since it knows my name. And she can text me just fine. But she can't call me.

I've got no idea what's going on with you, but good luck.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Screen time is perhaps buggier than Siri, and that's saying something.

Tonight, my daughter wasn't able to call me. The error is that "[My name] is not in your contacts." I mean obviously I am, since it knows my name. And she can text me just fine. But she can't call me.

I've got no idea what's going on with you, but good luck.
Sheesh a lot of Apple’s services have been a disaster lately. You can include Find My in that mix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.