Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
fwiw, monitors losing sync (blacking out), are more usually cable problems or the monitor itself. But not always and it's hard to find the problem other than just to start switching components out until it doesn't happen. It could be a software problem as well, so I'd suggest asking in the lenovo forum like that last poster -- if it's widespread, it'll be there...

russie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
My laptop has been reformatted by the store I bought it but I still experience the blackout browser and screen. They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
My laptop has been reformatted by the store I bought it but I still experience the blackout browser and screen. They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?
sounds like a hardware issue, if it has a warranty, then yea, they need to replace it

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people
Dude….did you get a
dell?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.