Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
Is there any way to tether a Linksys wireless router (EA7200) or an other wireless router to an iPad?
I have Verison with lots of data access on the iPad and a computer without a wireless card. Also want that computer network to be behind a router.
Any help is appreciated.

I do have an older Airport extreme, the square pancake. But not the older 5.x Airport utility. PC 5.x Airport Utility work?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
what you mean by tether? I assume you connect your computer by ethernet cable to your router (?). You can then connect your iPad by wireless or - using an USB-C or Lightning adapter - by ethernet cable. As a result both devices are on the same network - which will e.g. facilitate file transfers between both devices.

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
Wireless tether.
iPad is the connection to internet via 4G.
I have an iPad Pro (9.7") running 14.4. Model MLQ32LL/A.
But,
Is there a Lighting cable to Ethernet?
iPad to Wireless router WAN/Internet port via Ethernet would be fine.
Will iPad do this?

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
I honestly don't think so. There used to be a router that allowed USB 3g modems, but that is about all that could do this.

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
I need to control the IP address range.
But, I've got it working reasonably well. iPad in to a old XP laptop via USB, then ethernet into a wireless router.
So far so good. Speed decent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.