Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I tried this for the first time the other day. Fantastic app. The immersive environments add to the experience, but even the pieces that are displayed without them are worthwhile. I'd pay for virtual tours of various museums that I probably will never be able to visit in person.
Totally agree! While I could look at museum pieces on an iPad, iPhone or a printed book, there is a next level experience you get with VP. I’d definitely pay for a subscription especially if it benefits the museums.

Reactions: Roller

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Totally agree! While I could look at museum pieces on an iPad, iPhone or a printed book, there is a next level experience you get with VP. I’d definitely pay for a subscription especially if it benefits the museums.
Something immersive closer to an actual museum experience would be great - for example, being able to view a piece of art or a displayed object from different perspectives within a museum hall environment. IIRC, years ago, Apple created a "virtual museum" on CD-ROM that let you walk through it by clicking to view exhibits, many of which included video and sound.

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Something immersive closer to an actual museum experience would be great - for example, being able to view a piece of art or a displayed object from different perspectives within a museum hall environment. IIRC, years ago, Apple created a "virtual museum" on CD-ROM that let you walk through it by clicking to view exhibits, many of which included video and sound.
Have you checked out ArtAuthority Museum? It has a lot of potential! It’s all paintings. The navigation is a little awkward at times. To me it’s an impressive early attempt. The subscription greatly expands what is in each artist room. It’s worth checking out!

Reactions: Roller

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Gymaholic is another great app on VisionPro! It has a ton of exercises and some stretches. The AR guy shows you proper form and what muscles get worked. It’s worth checking out even if you rarely leave the couch.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
ForeFlight just updated Voyager. It shows an even larger radius of terrain around the airport, and you can zoom in and out and rotate the view with gestures. I can now see details, including my house, that were previously beyond the field of view for two regional airports, one of which is 7 miles away as the crow plane flies. Of course, this also means more airspace and aircraft to watch. Pretty cool and amazing for a free app!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.