Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bballers29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Hey,

I get most people use their iPad in landscape mode, but can the software really not handle displaying widgets on the Lock Screen when in portrait mode? It just seems like a nice feature to have available when you need it. I am not saying this is a big omission, just curious about the thought process behind this decision.

Last edited:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Could you give more detail to your scenario? I'm on iPadOS 16 and when my iPad is unlocked my page full of widgets still shows when I change to portrait mode.

bballers29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Could you give more detail to your scenario? I'm on iPadOS 16 and when my iPad is unlocked my page full of widgets still shows when I change to portrait mode.
Yeah, I meant widgets for the Lock Screen on iPadOS 17.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.png
    IMG_0027.png
    3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0028.png
    IMG_0028.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 103

bballers29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Did you create widgets in Portrait? You can set Widgets in Landscape and Portrait and they are a unique set.
Thanks! I had no idea you could do that. I just assumed that one widget set was for both orientations. Cool! I do wish you could add more widgets to portrait mode but this is better than nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.