Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Its been around three months since the new M2 Studio has been unveiled, and I'm surprised that I haven't seen any discounting (other than maybe the base model) on the new models.

Even through my employer's discount program with Apple, we still get discounts on most other apple hardware (laptops, , but the studio prices are exactly the same as the Apple Store.

Any idea if/when the studio will see broader discounts, or Apple EPP discounts?

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Its been around three months since the new M2 Studio has been unveiled, and I'm surprised that I haven't seen any discounting (other than maybe the base model) on the new models.

Even through my employer's discount program with Apple, we still get discounts on most other apple hardware (laptops, , but the studio prices are exactly the same as the Apple Store.

Any idea if/when the studio will see broader discounts, or Apple EPP discounts?
B&H Photo has been running them $xxx off for a bit now.

Rhinoevans

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I checked COSTCO today and $150 discount on base. Looks like it is normally discounted by $50 with an additional $100 off. Good today through the 10/13.

Part 2. I am a veteran and the base exchange price matches Costco. Called customer service to do the price match (did not see how to do it on an online order). saved the PM of $150 and no tax. What a deal. I had just ordered a referb 2020 i7 27 inch IMac for out the door cost of $1600 from BBY plus would have to add extra Ram. Only had 8. Cancelled that. What a deal on the Mac Studio M2 Max!

Last edited:

crowe-t

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2014
Satellite Of Love
I checked COSTCO today and $150 discount on base. Looks like it is normally discounted by $50 with an additional $100 off. Good today through the 10/13.

Part 2. I am a veteran and the base exchange price matches Costco. Called customer service to do the price match (did not see how to do it on an online order). saved the PM of $150 and no tax. What a deal. I had just ordered a referb 2020 i7 27 inch IMac for out the door cost of $1600 from BBY plus would have to add extra Ram. Only had 8. Cancelled that. What a deal on the Mac Studio M2 Max!

This is a good deal. I might buy one.

Is this deal for anyone who creates an online account at Costco?

Last edited:

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
There has been essentially zero discounts on the M2 Studio in my country, but the M1 on the other hand has been way more heavily discounted after the M2s release, more than we usually see for last generation Macs When new ones are introduced. So if you are fine with an M1, you could look into those prices.

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
There has been essentially zero discounts on the M2 Studio in my country, but the M1 on the other hand has been way more heavily discounted after the M2s release, more than we usually see for last generation Macs When new ones are introduced. So if you are fine with an M1, you could look into those prices.
In the US, most of the M1 studios are sold-out so that isn't really an option. M1 Macbook Pro 14/16" still have stock and are heavily discounted here, and I see ads/paid placement for those deals frequently.

So, at least in the US, we don't have a fallback to M1 Studios.

LEOPARDIZE

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
I have been looking at ao.com at the new Mac Studio Ultra for £3,799 an incredible £400 less than Apple. I would love to know is there a catch? am I missing something?

What do you think?

Rhinoevans

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Las Vegas, NV

Part Two: For some reason when I ordered the Studio, it stayed in "Preparing to Ship" status for 3-weeks. When I finally called them to see what was up, they said they had problems for all orders on that day. Since the Nov announcement was just around the corner, they let me cancel the order, with a note in my file that if I called back in they would honor the original deal with the $150 discount. I haven't reordered yet, probably waiting a M3 Max version, since my current MacBook Pro is OK for the work that I do.

crowe-t

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2014
Satellite Of Love
Part Two: For some reason when I ordered the Studio, it stayed in "Preparing to Ship" status for 3-weeks. When I finally called them to see what was up, they said they had problems for all orders on that day. Since the Nov announcement was just around the corner, they let me cancel the order, with a note in my file that if I called back in they would honor the original deal with the $150 discount. I haven't reordered yet, probably waiting a M3 Max version, since my current MacBook Pro is OK for the work that I do.
Do you have to be a member of Costco to get the discount?

fathergll

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2014
I see the Mac Studio base model on sale at B&H Photo now for $1799(USD). However if the SSD is upgraded the sale pricing goes away.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1770944-REG/apple_mqh73ll_a_mac_studio_with_m2.html

Does B&H Photo usually have better sales on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

This is a good deal that I have been eyeing up for a while now. MicroCenter has had this deal for months now(you have to go there in person) and they also have the same discount on a 64GB memory version as well which is the one I want but that puny SSD storage is such a bummer to me that I can't pull the trigger even though the smart thing to do is just have it all on external. Now with the M3 chips out now I won't get it unless there is a REALLY good deal on a higher SSD model that meets all my criteria. I'll probably wait it out until next summer for the M3 models.

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Refurb store. Almost like new, some nice discounts. But move really, really fast. Any M2 Max base-spec studios listed are sold out within minutes. Any M2 ultras, you may have a day to make up your mind.

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Well its Black Friday week here in the US.

Expercom is offering $200 off on all models, which seems like a good deal. I was targeting the M2 Max base CPU/GPU + 1TB/64GB, and that went from $2600 to $2400.

crowe-t

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2014
Satellite Of Love
Well its Black Friday week here in the US.

Expercom is offering $200 off on all models, which seems like a good deal. I was targeting the M2 Max base CPU/GPU + 1TB/64GB, and that went from $2600 to $2400.
I'm looking at the M2 Max base CPU/GPU + 1TB/32GB. It's $2000 at Expercom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.