Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

21Southwick

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2018
The District
DC area and nothing is live yet either. App and website still say “order now” rather than “buy” which generally means they haven’t flipped the switch to go live for same day sales. Sadly I think the increased prices (again) and ipadOS limitations are holding many people back on buying the new iPads. I completely understand. These Pros are becoming more niche products with each launch and price bump.

fhamadeh

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
San Mateo, CA
DC area and nothing is live yet either. App and website still say “order now” rather than “buy” which generally means they haven’t flipped the switch to go live for same day sales. Sadly I think the increased prices (again) and ipadOS limitations are holding many people back on buying the new iPads. I completely understand. These Pros are becoming more niche products with each launch and price bump.
It took me a few reloads of the webpage to get the same-day pickup information to display. It originally said ship to store with availability on May 23. Eventually, I was able to place an order for pickup later today.

Remy149

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2016
People just don’t upgrade their iPads that frequently. I’m finally upgrading from a 2018 iPad Pro and even it still probably has another 2 years of viability.

Reactions: TracerAnalog

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012
LOL M4 iPad Pro, can’t even play more 1 audio at the same time or have a calculator because Apple spent years trying to reinvent the wheel and realizing they just can’t.
What do you mean with the ‘1 audio’ comment?

Remy149

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2016
Thats exactly what I said earlier. Do I get credit 😉
There has rarely been availability issues for iPads since the second or third generation. Most people keep them for years I’m finally upgrading from a model that’s already 6 years old and even that still isn’t a mandatory upgrade

Remy149

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2016
No line 3 hours before opening here in central US. One of the larger stores in Dallas. No employees here yet either. So likely a quiet and very soft release for those interested. Doesn’t appear the displays have been updated as of yet either.
I haven’t seen a line for iPads since the first few generations.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
iPad sales are down over 25%....so, I seriously doubt there will be lines anywhere.

Everything is reservation now, the need for lines is much reduced. Sure you can walk in, but in store pick up at a scheduled time is so much more convenient. Much more civilized - and I'm sure less stressful for staff.

BigKahunaBurguer

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2018
Nano display is delayed about a month. Should have made more of those.
Why would someone choose this option, making the OLED screen worse? I don't think there is much demand. They simply prefer to order according to the offer. They are beta testing with users for sure.

New Mexico Bob

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2023
Why would someone choose this option, making the OLED screen worse? I don't think there is much demand. They simply prefer to order according to the offer. They are beta testing with users for sure.
Thinking about nano since I work outdoors in bright sunshine. But waiting to see what reviewers and users say. I use the Apple Pencil extensively and am worried the nano etching will tear up the tip. Plus I don't want to carry an Apple clothe around all day just to have to replace it later when I lose it. A matte screen protector may still be the best option.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
There are already demand based on the how far out they are when ordered. I prefer matte screens. Will go to the Apple Store and see for myself and evaluate. :)

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Thinking about nano since I work outdoors in bright sunshine. But waiting to see what reviewers and users say. I use the Apple Pencil extensively and am worried the nano etching will tear up the tip. Plus I don't want to carry an Apple clothe around all day just to have to replace it later when I lose it. A matte screen protector may still be the best option.
One of the reviews I read said that the nano etching is on the underside of the glass so it won’t affect stylus use.

Reactions: New Mexico Bob

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
I'd check the online store periodically. Unfortunately InventoryWatch hasn't been updated yet.
Honestly a few days ago, my carrier had them ready for to ship mid July, just checked it right now and the dates dropped to may 30-June 13, Apple has them ready at June 17th. I hope they set up the displays at the Apple Store because I want to decided if nanoglass is worth it

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
My new Air is waiting for me at home as it just got delivered. Replaces my Air 3rd generation. I guess I will how much of a difference there is between the two.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
No delays, Apple must be sitting on a lot of M4 chips

They're sitting on a product that has an identity issue they insist isn't a problem. And now they've launched an already really powerful device with a substantially more powerful chip, which a niche part of the audience is going to care about, and definitely won't interrupt their workflow over on launch day.

Then they increased the price, and are still being stingy about their storage offerings. ($1299 for 256....?).

The OLED would be awesome to have, but given that the iPad is substantially more powerful and yet still only does iPad things...why?

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
I remember when the iPad was half the price of the Mac not twice the price. That’s why I won’t (can’t) buy one.

Reactions: Apleeseed84

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Or they still haven't overcome the 2018 iPad Pro gap...for most people that aren't digital artists or video editors, this iPad will do nothing more than any of the 2018-2022 iPads, which people already bought or are now available for much cheaper than the $999 starting price of the new iPad Pro.

I want one...but they will have to convince me at WWDC. For my use case, basically nothing will be improved except the screen quality (coming from an 11") The power is overkill, the weight/thinness is negated by the fact that it sits in the keyboard stand most of the time. The pencil squeeze gesture might be nice but I use my pencil maybe once a week.
Have to disagree with you. Coming from the A12Z iPad Pro, even the M4 iPad Pro with 8GB of memory shows day and night improvement for basic tasks.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Most models should be available. Not expecting to see iPhone like demand for launch day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.