Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rebin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Hi everybody on Macrumors!

My Mac os x Mini Tiger has alot of issues. So i want to reinstall it. But the problem is, i dont have any discs!! :( :(. so what can i do to reinstall my Mac computer? Im not a Mac geek, i need help from pro's;)

P.S Sorry for my bad english. And sorry if this is wrong forum, i just desperatly need help!!!

chris8

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2011
Hi Rebin,

You're going to need a an OSX disk if you're going to reinstall. By re-install I take it you mean format the disk and start again.

You can still buy OS X Tiger on Amazon but as you're going to have to buy a Disk you may as well get OSX Leopard I would have thought.

Rebin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Hi Chris.

Yes that is what i meant.....I have another mac....Imac snow leopard, if u se the disc on this mini mac tiger would it work?.......

This is my computer:

Version 10.4.11

Mac os x tiger

Macintosh HD

Processor 1.5 GHz

Memory 512 mb 667 MHz DDR 2 SDRAM

Thanks for you reply i preciate really much.

Rebin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
OSx reinstall disks are model specific. A snow leopard iMac disk will not install on a mini. A tiger OSX disk for a MacBook will not install on a mini.

Then what can i do? Reboot maybe? or maybe download a mac os x tiger 10.4 torrent to put on a disc?

Thanks for answers i preciate that.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Then what can i do? Reboot maybe? or maybe download a mac os x tiger 10.4 torrent to put on a disc?

Thanks for answers i preciate that.

Rebooting is just turning it off an on again. I would have assumed that you've tried this already.

You could illegitimately acquire OS X, while that would be violating the DMCA, I personally don't see anything ethically wrong with that (since you already have a 'license' for Tiger). Just don't ask for help with that here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.