Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
When Apple have a consistent enough supply of them which they don't currently. Here in the UK their refurb store is very dry, no 14" or 16" Apple silicon MB Pros for a week or so, and one Max Studio which is the Ultra model so very expensive still.

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Resurrecting.

Anyone seen a supply of base M2 max studio in the refurb store? I understand they are selling for ~ $1699. Been nothing the last several days.

There's a base M2 ultra currently listed at $3399, but for all Apple products I prefer base models and upgrading more often due to zero upgrade paths.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Resurrecting.

Anyone seen a supply of base M2 max studio in the refurb store? I understand they are selling for ~ $1699. Been nothing the last several days.

There's a base M2 ultra currently listed at $3399, but for all Apple products I prefer base models and upgrading more often due to zero upgrade paths.

No… I saw plenty when this website announced they had started selling them, unsurprisingly they sold out in a couple of days and I have not seen any back in the store since, only a bunch of M1’s.

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
No… I saw plenty when this website announced they had started selling them, unsurprisingly they sold out in a couple of days and I have not seen any back in the store since, only a bunch of M1’s.

Yeah, nothing being listed. Just bought a new base-configured M2 Max Studio. Pared it with an LG C3 42-inch OLED. Great combo. Not going back to iMac.

Reactions: mr_jomo and Pezimak

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Yeah, nothing being listed. Just bought a new base-configured M2 Max Studio. Pared it with an LG C3 42-inch OLED. Great combo. Not going back to iMac.

I am saving for one, just splurged out for a new desk yesterday which I need, an electric height adjustable one and it was not cheap, still should last a few years, so need to put the spare cash into saving for the Studio now.

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
I am saving for one, just splurged out for a new desk yesterday which I need, an electric height adjustable one and it was not cheap, still should last a few years, so need to put the spare cash into saving for the Studio now.

It's a stellar PC. Fast, great ports, rock-solid so far, HDMI 2.1 is driving this 42-inch OLED at 120hz and it looks amazing. Base model will likely be perfect for what you need. There are lots of decently-priced SD cards for extra storage too, even the latest uhs-ii versions (I picked up a uhs-i with 512 GB for a decent price).

But still no refurb models, in fact no 2023 Studios in the refurb store at all. People holding on to them. Kinda glad I didn't wait longer and instead bought a new one.

Reactions: mr_jomo and Pezimak

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
It's a stellar PC. Fast, great ports, rock-solid so far, HDMI 2.1 is driving this 42-inch OLED at 120hz and it looks amazing. Base model will likely be perfect for what you need. There are lots of decently-priced SD cards for extra storage too, even the latest uhs-ii versions (I picked up a uhs-i with 512 GB for a decent price).

But still no refurb models, in fact no 2023 Studios in the refurb store at all. People holding on to them. Kinda glad I didn't wait longer and instead bought a new one.

Yeap, base model max with 1 TB storage upgrade. It’s what I plan on getting anyway.

Bafflefish

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2009
They've had M2 Max/Ultra Studios up on the refurbished store over the last few months, the popular configurations just tend to sell out within 3-4 hours usually. Sign up for something like Refurb Tracker and you'll get notified within a few minutes of refurb models going up on the store, usually with plenty of time to purchase one if you want.

Reactions: Chuckeee

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
So a number of M2 studios were uploaded to the refurbished store the other day. At this moment, all but three are gone (and two of the three are M2 ultras with 4TB and 8TB SDD). They sell extremely quickly.

devel0per

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2018
I just happened to refresh the page yesterday when the refurbished Mac Studio M2 models were back in stock. The most popular configurations sold out in less than 30 minutes. Luckily, I was able to order one while they were still in stock.

I signed up with Refurb Tracker, but they didn't email me until an hour later and by that time the two configurations they notified me about were both sold out.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I've been searching for one myself, but I suspect the Refurb Store won't have any for a few more months. I was waffling between getting a new mini (or waiting until an M3 version drops). But for less money I can get a way more capable M2 Studio. I noticed quite a few for sale on eBay though.

fathergll

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2014
I just happened to refresh the page yesterday when the refurbished Mac Studio M2 models were back in stock. The most popular configurations sold out in less than 30 minutes. Luckily, I was able to order one while they were still in stock.

I signed up with Refurb Tracker, but they didn't email me until an hour later and by that time the two configurations they notified me about were both sold out.

What configurations did they have as an example?

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Posted today, moments ago.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 1.31.32 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: Apple Fan 2008

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Even some M2 Max versions in the refurbished store today (none the configuration I was looking for).

I think that people are returning their recent studios after seeing how well the M3 max performs (they are going to wait on the M3 Max Studio).

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
After a few weeks of looking in the Apple refurbished store, I finally found and bought the m2 Max Studio I was looking for :). I ended up saving over $400 over a similar new one from Apple.

I found the Apple store seemed to refresh anywhere from Tuesday to Friday but no set time (you have to keep checking).

Reactions: picpicmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.