Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Hi Everyone!!
I have been a member on this sight since my Quadra 700 day !! And I hope that the Mac rumours group can once again help me !!

I have a 2021 MacBook Pro 14" M1 MAX - 64 GB ram and 2 / TB HD space, so a good spec.......BUT ( yes that pesky buttt lOL )
the exterior is really in bad cosmetic condition. the dream for me is to buy a none working m1 same generation and swap the mother board , bat etc. etc. now for this thread please assume i have the skills to striomdown and put back together! i hope to keep all the replies legal a doable .......There are any number of good strip down videos.

What I'd like to know in advance is any thing insurmountable - will the computer recognise the finger recognition button, also I have heard the True Tone on the screen will not be working on the new screen.

And is there anything I should do to my MBP Before ???

cheers

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Simple answer:
NO.

Nothing inside is "changeable", other than the entire motherboard itself.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
You can order the parts you need replaced directly from the Apple Self Service Repair.

The repair manual for the MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) can be seen here. The exploded view and orderable parts can be seen here.

You can order the Bottom case and Top case with battery and keyboard in the applicable color option as needed.

Reactions: CoastalOR

viking_01

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Have you already considered and ruled out a high quality skin of the case to hide any damage? "dbrand" seem to be highly thought of

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.