Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I don’t know what version I have but it is probably pretty close to the latest and it works fine. I’ll check the version later when I get to work.

I just found this page on the GP website. I'm assuming the "GlobalProtect App" refers to the menu item thing. Looks like 5.2.12 and above does work, so that would mean no for my version.

It's only specific versions of 5.2 and 6.0. Releases for 5.3 and 6.1 don't seem to work.

I've gone ahead and updated the Wiki post.

Last edited:

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I just found this page on the GP website. I'm assuming the "GlobalProtect App" refers to the menu item thing. Looks like 5.2.12 and above does work, so that would mean no for my version.

It's only specific versions of 5.2 and 6.0. Releases for 5.3 and 6.1 don't seem to work.

I've gone ahead and updated the Wiki post.

I'm using 5.2.10-6 and it works. From 2021 from the looks of it.

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
Onyx is out for macOS 13

Saw that, and already downloaded it. As it is, this site:

is a good one to use for determining compatibility with Ventura. In my case, except for LibreOffice, all the other apps I use are compatible (I did communicate with Devon Technologies about EasyFind, and they answered me with a yes). I was definitely glad to see that SuperDuper! was recently updated, and is compatible.

I still want to test Ventura, though, before making the finale move from V12.6.1 of Monterey. Best Buy has the Samsung T7 Shield 1TB External SSD on sale (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...-resistant-drive-blue/6501718.p?skuId=6501718), and I plan on purchasing one. I will then initially use it to test Ventura. But will wait until V13.1 is released, which I suspect will be soon.

Reactions: gank41

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
Hey everyone, first, wish to express my appreciation to all you brave souls that test applications with beta versions of the Mac OS. I am too chicken to do it, preferring to wait until at least one stable release of the actual Mac OS has appeared. Thus, I am waiting until Ventura, OS 13.1, is released for my initial testing of all my apps.

Secondly, here are the primary apps I use:

1Password
AppCleaner
Brave
EasyFind
Full Deck Solitaire (mainly for occasional entertainment)
LibreOffice
Magic Number Machine
Onyx
Quicken 2017
SuperDuper!
TechTool Pro
Thunderbird
VLC

I admit that I don't use very many "heavy" or demanding applications. I do, though, make sure to keep each of them up to date.

Third, via that site I mentioned above, https://roaringapps.com/apps, except for LibreOffice, Full Deck Solitaire, Magic Number Machine (not even mentioned), and TechTool Pro, everything else works fine. Onyx, of course, has just released a separate version for Ventura. I also recently upgraded to V3.7 of SuperDuper!, and the other day successfully used it on both of my M1 Macs running Monterey for making backups to external SSDs.

Fourth, when I moved from my Intel machines (late 2018 Mac Mini, and 2018 MacBook Air) to M1 machines (2020 M1 Mac Mini, and 2021 M1 MacBook Air), after doing a clean installation of the applicable Mac OS at each event, I then did a usual migration of all my apps, settings, etc. Have not encountered any issues from doing that.

Finally, has anyone had the opportunity to test the latest version of SuperDuper! with Ventura? That application, of course, is probably the most critical one I use. (I did look back through this forum for possible information about that, but did not see anything).

Jong7

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
  • Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw Editor
  • Microsoft Remote Desktop
  • PIA VPN
  • Gimp
  • Malwarebytes beta
All work without problem.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I found this article to be very helpful:

...especially this link at the bottom:

Reactions: jagooch

plentyoftimeto69

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2016
Tampa
KeePassXC 2.7.3 is failing on macOS 13. It will launch, but as soon as I give it the pass phrase to unlock my database it crashes.

Edit - Confirmed that it's not isolated to my unsupported MacBook Air 6,2. On my supported iMac 18,3 KeePassXC still shows the same behavior.

Edit edit - Strongbox is working on macOS 13, so it's a viable app to use as a workaround.

Just upgraded to KeePassXC 2.7.4 and it is working in Ventura. I have updated the main post accordingly.

leszek54

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2021
Hi, does WatchGuard Mobile VPN work on Ventura?
update 07.11.2022: after upgrading to Ventura WatchGuard Mobile VPN does not work. I changed it to OpenVPN and it's fine now

Last edited:

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
I received the Samsung T7 Shield 1 TB Portable SSD last night:

And have updated as many of my applications as "possible". Still don't know whether the current version of LibreOffice, V7.4.2.3, is compatible with Ventura (I am anticipating it will b e fine). Just waiting for V13.1 of Ventura to be released for my testing.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
I received the Samsung T7 Shield 1 TB Portable SSD last night:

And have updated as many of my applications as "possible". Still don't know whether the current version of LibreOffice, V7.4.2.3, is compatible with Ventura (I am anticipating it will b e fine). Just waiting for V13.1 of Ventura to be released for my testing.
LibreOffice 7.3.5.2 working fine on my M1 Studio on Ventura 13.0

• Angry
Reactions: Chozun

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
LibreOffice 7.3.5.2 working fine on my M1 Studio on Ventura 13.0
Thanks for the update. I can thus expect the later version of LibreOffice that I have, V7.4.2.3, will work.

That just leaves the most important one, the latest version of SuperDuper!, V3.7, and Ventura. As I've mentioned before, it works just fine with Monterey.

Cancelled
Mar 19, 2005
I think everyone should be aware that Safari is still buggy in macOS Ventura.

Bug: pinned tabs disappear if you use the “Merge all windows” function.

Why this is a problem: many of us heavy multitaskers will collect pinned tabs throughout the day, and eventually end up with multiple Safari windows; which means inevitably we’ll want to merge all windows to clean things up. Well…say good-bye to a full day or two of pinning tabs.

(No, frustratingly, Safari Technology Preview hasn’t fixed this bug either)

Last edited by a moderator:

TriciaMacMillan

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2021
I’ve seen quite a few reports about VPN connections not working properly any more. Can anyone confirm that theirs is still working and which type of VPN that is?

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
I’ve seen quite a few reports about VPN connections not working properly any more. Can anyone confirm that theirs is still working and which type of VPN that is?
my VPN is working correctly and I am using PIA.The one thing I had to do was disable the Kill switch when I installed it. Have had no need to re-enable it since I am on a desktop.

Reactions: TriciaMacMillan

TriciaMacMillan

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2021
IVPN works fine here, on both my silicon & intel macs (but i had to uninstall/reinstall it when updating the OS)...

According to the IVPN website, it has a choice of WireGuard, OpenVPN or IPSec protocols. Which one do you use? I’m looking for IPSec experiences, because that’s what I use.

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
Newer version of Onyx released today:

Also, not sure if all of you saw this, but yesterday I posted a link in the Ventura "Bugs, etc." forum about an issue with the release version of Ventura (V13.0): causing issues with anti-virus software. And so far, it is still not fixed in the V13.1 beta.

jonahlee

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2005
Stream Deck 5.3.3.15214 is not working for me, with it installed it says that the application is damaged. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

Reactions: Martyimac

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
so at the end they must have had some serious fixes to address. 13.0.1. released today
What I'm wondering is if the fix for Ventura causing issues for security (anti-virus) software is included. Also, what fixes does the V13.1 beta have that V13.0.1 lacks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.