Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Updated my iMac 27" 2019 to 14.1 this week and since then experience incredible lags. Safari takes 30 seconds to load webpages, everything freezes and unfreezes after some seconds, bluetooth connection to Magic Mouse/keyboard is lost, etc.
Checked the processes and do not see anything suspicious.

Sonoma 14.0 no issues before.

Anyone else?

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Did you check your SSD with disk utility? I don't have this problem.
Try perhaps a re-install of 14.1. Download the full installer from the App Store.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: MBAir2010 and NME42

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for your hint. Reinstalled 14.1 with the full installer (via terminal) and it feels lots smoother now and no more disconnects of bluetooth devices.

Last edited:

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Too bad, problem is still there. After some minutes, my iMac freezes and/or loses bluetooth. Then bluetoothd restarts and for some minutes it is ok again. Terrible lags when loading webpages is also still there.
Did reset PVRAM and SMC and again installed Sonoma 14.1 from recovery console. Did not help.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Too bad, problem is still there. After some minutes, my iMac freezes and/or loses bluetooth. Then bluetoothd restarts and for some minutes it is ok again. Terrible lags when loading webpages is also still there.
Did reset PVRAM and SMC and again installed Sonoma 14.1 from recovery console. Did not help.
That is weird, the iMac should run everything to normal speed.
is there a specific program that shows down the OS?

my MacBook Pro 2012 i7 16gb ram ssd etc ran Monterey great for a day, then freeze where everything stopped.
I know this was via a OCLP which seems to me the Ventura and Sonoma software might be geared to M chips.
this sounds lame and non-proof but to go through slowness on a Mac might not be worth the upgrades.
even ones that are still four years running.

Reactions: NME42

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
I checked Console and saw a lot of crashes from SIMBL Agent. Deleted all occurences on my drive and now my iMac is behaving normal since about 30 minutes. No more crashes from bluetoothd also.

No idea where this SIMBL Agent thing came from.

cannonballrthal

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2024
I checked Console and saw a lot of crashes from SIMBL Agent. Deleted all occurences on my drive and now my iMac is behaving normal since about 30 minutes. No more crashes from bluetoothd also.

No idea where this SIMBL Agent thing came from.
NME42. I am having this problem also on a 2019 27" iMac, but now I'm running 14.4.1.

cannonballrthal

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2024
And there is no SIMBL running on my machine. Any thoughts how I can track this down? bluetooth seems to keep crashing. perhaps something is off with the bt driver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.