Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Um, no. I get either the screen saver starting or a selection box drawn across. I must be missing something...

On my iPad I have a slide-able screen from the right side, but not on the MBP.
You might need to configure Hot Corners for this. Here's what I've got set up:

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.45.12 AM (1).png

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
it may be only me, but is video websites (youtube, vimeo) stopping playback for someone else? When my Macbook pro m1 has been on a while, youtube just wont play any videos. A restart fixes it.

edit: safari and in edge in fact. both seems affected by the bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichWh1

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
There aren't enough bugs in it yet? Maybe they are waiting until the 'Big Unveil' Monday (which doesn't make a lot of sense, does it). *shrug*
What I know for sure, is that I will refrain to update to Monterey right away. And it’s not because I don’t want to, as I really want to start toying with Shortcuts (Shortcuts on the Mac will be awesome, as long as they are safe). But nope, I will resist until, at least january, to update to iOS 15.2 and macOS 12.2

I was a beta tester in the past but nowadays I just want stable and fresh software.
That’s why I’m waiting for macOS 11.6.1 to perform a clean install and stay there what remains of the year.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
What I know for sure, is that I will refrain to update to Monterey right away. And it’s not because I don’t want to, as I really want to start toying with Shortcuts (Shortcuts on the Mac will be awesome, as long as they are safe). But nope, I will resist until, at least january, to update to iOS 15.2 and macOS 12.2

I was a beta tester in the past but nowadays I just want stable and fresh software.
That’s why I’m waiting for macOS 11.6.1 to perform a clean install and stay there what remains of the year.

Once bitten...

Yeah, usually beta testers have to sign an NDA, and stuff...

Reactions: AnitaFoxx

nebojsak

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
Two bugs I have noticed so far (11.6) - when opening files with VLC, LibreOffice and some other software from time to time, I get a popup message like it's opening for the first time. Also, sound output source switches randomly, usually after restart.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Two bugs I have noticed so far (11.6) - when opening files with VLC, LibreOffice and some other software from time to time, I get a popup message like it's opening for the first time. Also, sound output source switches randomly, usually after restart.

I find that some programs don't come out of quarantine properly when first run.

You can de-quarantine them with the command --
Code:
sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/[insert app name here].app
i.e.
sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/LibreOffice.app

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I find that some programs don't come out of quarantine properly when first run.

You can de-quarantine them with the command --
Code:
sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/[insert app name here].app
i.e.
sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/LibreOffice.app
I’m seeing a lot of apps behave this way after a reboot, like they’re being ran for the first time again. Thanks for this!

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
My MBPro still crashes or completely restarts when in sleep mode. Sometimes I wake the Mac from sleep in the morning and find anywhere from 3 to 8 notifications that my external drives were improperly disconnected, or I'm forced to log in because the entire computer has restarted. I've tried turning off the graphics switching, Power Nap features, Wake for network access, and every other feature I can think of that might be causing the issue, but nothing seems to work.

At this point, I'm thinking I may do a complete and fresh re-install of the OS rather than the regular "update" when Monterey ships, re-install all my apps and see if that cures the widely-reported "wake from sleep" problem.

• Sad
Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Last edited:
Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Installed this over 11.6 on an iMac15,1 (Late 2014 model) - required updates to Apple's MRT, and Safari etc. (via Silentknight), but otherwise uneventful (that is, no issues noticed).
The real 11.6.1 must be ready soon.
Initially 11.6.1 was 20G216 or 20G217, can't remember. But then the online links updated to reflect a new build, 20G219. I'd think this would be final, too.

For me, since going to 11.6.1 I've had some Finder problems and issues with a few external drives mounting. They all mount just fine still on my 2015 MBP, so I'm fairly confident it's not the drive. I'd assume any extra "after the fact" Indexing that would be going on would happen after the drive was mounted, too. I'm seeing a delay of almost 4-5 minutes until 2 of my drives mount. One of those drives keeps prompting for the drive's encrypted password, even though I select the box to remember it.

I've been debating on holding off upgrading to Monterey, but everything I've been reading about it and the progress of some apps I use in the Forums shows promise. I wish you could Archive a Time Machine backup like you can Archive an iOS/iPadOS Backup in Finder.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Even more interesting, links are up for macOS 11.6.1, showing a build of 20G221 now. Release date shows Oct 18... Still no link for today's Monterey RC, though.

Thanks for the link. Installed on an iMac, no issues so far. Indeed it is 11.6.1 build 20G221.
Unfortunately, it did not automatically order a new MBP free of charge, but otherwise it is doing fine.:cool:

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Even more interesting, links are up for macOS 11.6.1, showing a build of 20G221 now. Release date shows Oct 18... Still no link for today's Monterey RC, though.

The Mr. Macintosh site also has a link for the macOS 11.6.1 build 20G221 InstallAssistant package, so anything that appears with a later build number will probably show up there too.
For developers that won't mean much, but for people like me, without access to the developer's web site, your link was excellent timing, and the Mr. Macintosh site will bear watching.
Thanks again gank41, this Big Sur build is very stable on my somewhat jittery iMac! :cool::apple::cool:

• Love
Reactions: RichWh1 and gank41

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan

Any new news about 11.6.1? On my late 2014 iMac running build 20G221, I have seen Onyx 4.0 crash trying to delete the Time Machine snapshot, had to force quit it with the Option-Command-Esc key combination, but otherwise it seems solid enough.

Reactions: RichWh1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.