Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Would be eternally grateful if someone could help check Monterey compatibility for some/all of these apps!
  • Adobe Premiere Pro 2020/2021
I'm running a 2015 13" MBP, so a compatibility check on Intel would be particularly wonderful!

I've been using the current and 1 prior version of Premiere Pro CC on my 2019 16" MBP, MacOS 12.0 and 12.0.1 and I'm getting random crashing when importing media but it's not that often. Not sure if it's one of my plugins causing it or if Premiere is unstable.

Reactions: Pilot Jones

scatopie

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
Hi, wanted to add to the list of Not Working apps.

Sims 2 (downloaded from the app store) crashes on open from the launcher. The launcher opens, but then the app that the launcher tries to open will crash.

Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/14
macOS Monterey 12.0

It is currently working on my M1 Air macOS Big Sur 11.2.3.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
I've been using the current and 1 prior version of Premiere Pro CC on my 2019 16" MBP, MacOS 12.0 and 12.0.1 and I'm getting random crashing when importing media but it's not that often. Not sure if it's one of my plugins causing it or if Premiere is unstable.

Thanks for the input!

Right now I'm wary about Monterey in the first place. I have a 2015 Retina 13" MBP and with the news of older Macs getting bricked, I think I'm definitely going to wait a lot longer before upgrading ?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Thanks for the input!

Right now I'm wary about Monterey in the first place. I have a 2015 Retina 13" MBP and with the news of older Macs getting bricked, I think I'm definitely going to wait a lot longer before upgrading ?
It's actually been stable for me for day to day use. I find it less buggier than Big Sur. However, If you don't like debugging stuff yourself, I'd give it a little more time for apps to catch up before upgrading.

Max_G

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2016
Cmd-X to cut, Cmd-V to paste. Without XtraFinder you have to Cmd-C to copy, and then Option-Cmd-V to move.
In ForkLift Cmd-C immediately copies the item to the other panel. After that you can right-click 'Move to Trash'.
Btw, there is a free trial version of ForkLift.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
In ForkLift Cmd-C immediately copies the item to the other panel. After that you can right-click 'Move to Trash'.
Btw, there is a free trial version of ForkLift.

Thanks but I'm trying to find an easy way to cut and paste. Cmd-X to cut, then Cmd-V to paste. XtraFinder used to have that functionality but sadly not compatible with M1.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks but I'm trying to find an easy way to cut and paste. Cmd-X to cut, then Cmd-V to paste. XtraFinder used to have that functionality but sadly not compatible with M1.
Press Copy, then hold OPT down when you press Paste. It will move the file rather than copy it.

Reactions: gilby101 and gank41

Bishta

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Tried looking through the list but couldn't see it ... can anyone confirm or deny The Nik Collection PS Plugins suite?

And has anyone tested any of Objective-See's apps at all?

Thanks

Last edited:

Blackriton

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Paris
Under Monterrey 12.1 beta, I can confirm that printing PDF docs with Acrobat Reader is now working on my HP printer.
Before this beta, only Preview was able to print my pdf's..........

sam727benz

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2021
i found a sort of a workaround....

i regularly use BTT or BetterTouchTool....

what i figured out to replicate the same experience with XtraFinder at least for copy, cut, paste is to do this:

i used BetterTouchTool to remap the following keys combinations:

- remap keyboard input CMD-X to CMD-C (this is somewhat moot other than just to imitate ctrl-x)
- remap CMD keyboard input CMD-V to CMD-Option-V (BTT app shows it as option-cmd-v but it doesnt matter)

and voila, it works. I'll attach a screenshot. It helps for now I guess, fwiw

note: bettertouchtool aso allows you to limit the remapping to particular apps but i have it on for all apps. also , i have no connection to bettertouchtool lol. im also gunna see if there is a workaround via Karabiner-Elements. also, if this is helpful, feel free to share this to other forums and communities fwiw or i may do it myself. im just not active on forums but maybe this is my first foray :D

ps: if bettertouchtool isnt an option, are there other keyboard remappers for mac intel and mac apple silicon? just curious

UPDATE: I AM A DUMMY. THIS AFFECTS NORMAL COPY AND PASTE FOR TEXT SO WHAT I WILL DO TO LIMIT IT TO FINDER APP ONLY IN BETTERTOUCHTOOL. THAT SHOULD WORK. WILL UPDATE.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 4.16.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 4.16.21 PM.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 4.13.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 4.13.57 PM.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: gilby101

munnoo2

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2021
Tried looking through the list but couldn't see it ... can anyone confirm or deny The Nik Collection PS Plugins suite?

And has anyone tested any of Objective-See's apps at all?

Thanks
Nik collection plug ins working for PS and LRC. DXO PHOTOLAB 5 & DXO FILMPACK 5 also working

munnoo2

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2021
Cleanmymac crashes as soon as started. Any solution?
perfectly clear version 3.9 also crashing.

nmt1900

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
Any new knowledge on Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.7.1 (released this week)? Does it still crash?

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
Working
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is working on Monterey and also on Apple Silicon.

Last edited:

JillStraw

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021
NY NY USA
Cricut Design Space is working on Apple silicon and monterey

Adobe Premiere Pro 2021/2022 is working on apple silicon and Monterey

cefullersc

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2014
Colorado
Thanks for the input!

I have an early 2015 13" Retina MBP and Monterey is working fine. No issues - so far ?

Reactions: Pilot Jones

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
i found a sort of a workaround....

i regularly use BTT or BetterTouchTool....

what i figured out to replicate the same experience with XtraFinder at least for copy, cut, paste is to do this:

i used BetterTouchTool to remap the following keys combinations:

- remap keyboard input CMD-X to CMD-C (this is somewhat moot other than just to imitate ctrl-x)
- remap CMD keyboard input CMD-V to CMD-Option-V (BTT app shows it as option-cmd-v but it doesnt matter)

and voila, it works. I'll attach a screenshot. It helps for now I guess, fwiw

note: bettertouchtool aso allows you to limit the remapping to particular apps but i have it on for all apps. also , i have no connection to bettertouchtool lol. im also gunna see if there is a workaround via Karabiner-Elements. also, if this is helpful, feel free to share this to other forums and communities fwiw or i may do it myself. im just not active on forums but maybe this is my first foray :D

ps: if bettertouchtool isnt an option, are there other keyboard remappers for mac intel and mac apple silicon? just curious

UPDATE: I AM A DUMMY. THIS AFFECTS NORMAL COPY AND PASTE FOR TEXT SO WHAT I WILL DO TO LIMIT IT TO FINDER APP ONLY IN BETTERTOUCHTOOL. THAT SHOULD WORK. WILL UPDATE.
Amazing, thanks so much. Great workaround. The only problem is it obviously stops you from doing Cmd-C and then Cmd-V to actually 'copy', but 'moving' is of far more use. I can just control drag to make a copy of a file if need be. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.