Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
edesignuk said:
Aye, t'will be 'ard t' stop talkin' like this...arrrr...

maybe if we were really talking, now typing as we are.....eh i think not.....

i think the pirate stuff is a bit much and i would grow sick of it after a day myself.....

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
PlaceofDis said:
maybe if we were really talking, now typing as we are.....eh i think not.....

i think the pirate stuff is a bit much and i would grow sick of it after a day myself.....

Even though I threw out the question, I agree that this is really fun as a one-off theme, but that it would quickly grow tiresome if perpetuated.

BTW, how is it that paulwhannel got a new user name out of this? I thought that was no longer allowed?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
powermac666 said:
BTW, how is it that paulwhannel got a new user name out of this? I thought that was no longer allowed?

i want to know too, because i no longer use PlaceofDis anywhere besides here, there is a much different name that i am now known by, if i could change it i probably would.....

is there a reason for changing pauls?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
PlaceofDis said:
is there a reason for changing pauls?
Yes, there is :)

It's my understanding that we still don't really like name changes unless there is a valid reason (something more than "oh I just don't like my current name").

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
edesignuk said:
Yes, there is :)

It's my understanding that we still don't really like name changes unless there is a valid reason (something more than "oh I just don't like my current name").

ok cool, understandable, i can be PlaceofDis here and EonApocalypse to everyone else then haha, i guess its a private matter as to why it was changed but the curiosity got the best of me with it i suppose

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
MacNut said:
I say we keep it like this for the weekend. :p
How about until they get rid of the MPX bus on the PowerBooks?
attachment.php

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yellow said:
I be plannin' on writin' with this piratical flair for the forseeable future. Err.. Arrr..

gonna be your 'gimmick' huh? reminds me of InkMonkey's gimmick thread LoL

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I be looking forward to explain' the intricacies o' UNIX to some scurvy switcher. Arrg.

sudo /sbin/keellhaul -u ~/switcher

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I wonder what people are thinking who are visiting this site for the first time today. :) :cool:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
MacNut said:
I wonder what people are thinking who are visiting this site for the first time today. :) :cool:

Just check on Rhobes thread "Condiments for Administrators" and you'll see. (I wonder if he's noticed the change in the thread's title.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.