Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krimson

macrumors 65816
Desktop from work

Here's my may work desktop :)

Attachments

• May_desk.jpg
    May_desk.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 286

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
cat on an AKG 414

well i suppose i might as well contribute. i just got that fuzzy clock thing and konfabulator after checking out this thread. fuzzy clock is definitely a keeper, but konfabulator is still in the trial stages.

Attachments

• akg414cat.jpg
    akg414cat.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 301

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
JDar said:
MoonShadow--that is a fantastic composite photo! Is that a commorant?

billyboy--if there was a way to animate the flames, that would be scary. I can see why that background gets comments. BTW, I got to walk through a BA Concorde in Seattle recently/see photo in aviation thread.

I never did answer my own riddle about where I get to see Concorde and a nuclear power station on the same bike ride. Filton near Bristol is the resting home of one of the Concords, and Oldbury on Severn is the nuclear site.

The other riddle about iCal in the menu bar is that it isnt iCal, but Menu Calendar, which will open iCal if you double click it. One click is to bring down the basic Menu Calendar calendar.

zach007

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2004
Arkansas
heres mine.. I've only had this computer for 2 days now.. love it.. and this is my first mac.

ok my pic was too big.. maybe next time

steely

macrumors member
Got a couple desktops here for you guys, one Windows, the other Mac. Credit goes to Gabe over at Penny Arcade for that excellent rendition of the Cardboard Tube Samurai.

By the way, serious props to ballookey for that fabulous illustration of Mrs. Bellucci earlier in this thread. I'd be interested in picking up some prints of that thing if you ever decide to go that route.

Attachments

• steelbot.jpg
    steelbot.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 234
  • nopb.jpg
    nopb.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 339

eyeluvmyimac

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2002
steely said:
Got a couple desktops here for you guys, one Windows, the other Mac. Credit goes to Gabe over at Penny Arcade for that excellent rendition of the Cardboard Tube Samurai.

By the way, serious props to ballookey for that fabulous illustration of Mrs. Bellucci earlier in this thread. I'd be interested in picking up some prints of that thing if you ever decide to go that route.

wow you need to put your monica desktop on all three computers, with the third being mine :p

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
as drab and boring as it is, i've been rotating this month thru a set of colorfields: (as well as about 10 others - it only allows 5 attachments)

Attachments

• 167.jpg
    167.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 599
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 569
  • 273.jpg
    273.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 583
  • 309.jpg
    309.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 566

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
seattlemaclover said:
That is an awesome desktop!, where can I get it?

It's a screen saver I got from Version Tracker called "Flux" which I custom tuned myself over the course of a couple of days. Now that I have 10.3.4, I have it set to an even more intense level since the new OpenGL/ATI update is killer with this update. On a side note, I just changed a lot of my icons and tweaked things even more, but I'll just save it for the June desktop thread. I wish I could take screenshots of my custom login window, too, I spent most of a Sunday afternoon in interface builder making it and figuring out how to get it to work through a series of trial and error but it looks awesome.

seattlemaclover

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004
Seattle Washington USA
Powerbook G5 said:
It's a screen saver I got from Version Tracker called "Flux" which I custom tuned myself over the course of a couple of days. Now that I have 10.3.4, I have it set to an even more intense level since the new OpenGL/ATI update is killer with this update. On a side note, I just changed a lot of my icons and tweaked things even more, but I'll just save it for the June desktop thread. I wish I could take screenshots of my custom login window, too, I spent most of a Sunday afternoon in interface builder making it and figuring out how to get it to work through a series of trial and error but it looks awesome.

Thanks! BTW How did you get your apple toolbar to be black?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.