Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Because we're not woman. Okay have fun with your 'man' bag. If I wore one, after my wife stopped laughing here ass off, she'd leave me.

When you were in College, did you carry the books on your side or in front of you with both arms? We're men.

That's really sad & you have a very shallow relationship with your wife if she left you because you have a satchel / laptop bag / iPad bag/ man bag / purse etc.

Secondly, what does being a man have to do with the way you carry books?

Is it me that's not getting this? Did I not get the "How to hold books Class For Men?" What gender does it make you if you hold the books over your head with one arm? What about over your head with two arms? What about if you hold 2 books in your right hand stretched out, & no books in the other to your side? You starting to see how ridiculous this all sounds?

There is no correct way for ANYONE to carry books. Or iPads, or bags. It does however, seem that you have a preconceived notion of how one should be a "man". Which is kinda small minded and sad :(

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Afraid? no. Just looks funny. Just like when I see men with long hair.

Hence a backpack, not a purse lol

I don't. I use a backpack

LOLOLOL I'm learning SOOOOOOO much in this thread. In 2010 there are people that still think men shouldn't have long hair?

LOL Did I transport back to the freakin 50's? I feel like Im at the Town Hall meeting of some Redneck Republican convention in 1950's Utah.

Maybe it's just my generation (20's) or the fact I live in a metropolitan area on the eastern seaboard but the only people I know who care about things like men with long hair, or men that have bags, or gay men, or women who wear pants, et all is on the TV.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Carry Bag for my Ipad

When I travel I usually bring a large suitcase with wheels and my golf clubs in a case with wheels. It is convenient for me to sling my laptop( soon to be Ipad) over my shoulder and use my two arms for moving the suitcase and golf bag. I purchased a CaseLogic VNA-210, a case designed for a 10.2 inch netbook, but with the capabilities I wanted for an Ipad case: A separate compartment for my charger and pens, and a notepad, and thin, with a shoulder strap.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
thank you,

and I found the case that I have been waiting for from incase

H0960

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
thank you,

and I found the case that I have been waiting for from incase

Exactly, Incase has the best products imo. Love the cases and it's weird they did not mention any on their site! I'll be getting the Incase slip case :)
Hope they make more colors
h0963.jpg

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
if the Apple Store doesn't have any incase as an option today, I'll try the Best Buy 1/4 a mile down the road, if not luck their, then I'll just order online. I'm for some reason determined to have an incase over the Apple Case, I don't know why.

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Looks like Incase has six case designs: slip case (insert, $40), sleeve plus (zipper, $40), convertible book jacket (moleskine-esque, $60), a travel kit (with keyboard pocket, $60), and two protective covers (with a stand or with a grip, $40).
slipsleeve.jpeg sleveplus.jpeg
convertiblebook.jpeg travelkit.jpeg
protcover.jpeg

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
if the Apple Store doesn't have any incase as an option today, I'll try the Best Buy 1/4 a mile down the road, if not luck their, then I'll just order online. I'm for some reason determined to have an incase over the Apple Case, I don't know why.

IM kinda the opposite...I like the apple one more more proffesional looking or something

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Will Apple Ipad case be sold at BB or Apple store tom

wondering if Apple Case will be av at BB or even at apple

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
IM kinda the opposite...I like the apple one more more proffesional looking or something

I'm not saying the Apple Case is bad, I really like it as well and it does seem more professional looking and seems to have more functionality, but I have an incase for my MacBook and I really trust it to keep it safe when I travel. some early reports said that the Apple Case felt like if it was made of some type of Vinyl material, so I guess its something I will have to see and feel for myself before I decide.

I almost feel like buying both and if I don't like one, I can just sell it on craigslist.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Iam buying an incase slip case from bestbuy tomorrow morning. I also have the apple case shipped. I want both. Because sometimes I like using my gadgets without a full cover. Yet I know I will love to use the apple case to type and watch movies.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
I sure hope Best Buy has a lot of cases

I originally bought the Incase Neoprene sleeve for a 10.2" Netbook from Best Buy for $32.99 thinking that would be the closest neoprene sleeve at launch and I just saw the thread that has pics of Incase's dedicated iPad Sleeve. So now I am gonna take the Netbook sleeve back to Best Buy to exchange it. But I have to wait for UPS to deliver my iPad first. I hope that everyone goes for the official iPad case instead of the Incase. I'm a little worried because according to UPS.com my iPad had its destination scan only like half an hour ago and usually when I get packages they'd be out for delivery by now. I hope I didn't miss the drivers going out already. What do you guys think?

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
Darn! Its showing up as a new product at Bestbuy.com but it says its backordered and won't ship for 1-2 weeks and when I do a store search none of the Best Buys in my area don't have it in stock. I'm hoping the website isn't updated yet. It'd be nice if I could order one for in store pickup so I don't have to worry about rushing there.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Got My iPad and Apple Case

Picked up here in Miami, The Falls.

Got there about 8:50 was back in my car by 9:10. Was probably 30th in line which went really quick. They probably brought in 20 at first. Then maybe 5 and 5.

If you didn't reserve they said they are not selling to you until ALL the reserves are done so that's bad news for those people.

They had every accessory in stock. Just got the 16GB and case though.

:)

ImaVeggie

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Could you please measure out the dimensions with the case on the iPad? Hopefully it will fit in the bag I have.

It would be much appreciated.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Could you please measure out the dimensions with the case on the iPad? Hopefully it will fit in the bag I have.

It would be much appreciated.

Best buy has tone with no lines....There was only 5 people at my store...However they have not recieved shipment yet but got a ticket and should be in by 1 pm today with no line

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.