Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hurricanedean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Bay Area, CA
screen-shot-2018-11-08-at-7-18-43-am-png.802417

Hello!

I recently released this app for Pandora Radio. I'm a long time fan of them and built this a while back for my personal use. I finally decided to open source it and release it on the app store. It will always be free with no plans of in-app purchases.

You can download it here directly from the app store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/milkshake/id1440379601?mt=12

You must already have a Pandora account. If you don't, go to https://www.pandora.com and create one.

Unfortunately, this app is restricted to USA only because Pandora only operates in the US.

Features:
  • Minimalist UI that focuses on album art
  • Shortcuts
  • Scrubbing / searching of song (drag the bottom bar)
  • Cross fading
  • Keep player as front window
  • Easy navigation
  • Premium Pandora users will have ability to do on-demand playing and playing their playlist.
The next release will have a "History" tab which will allow you to thumb up/down previous played songs.

Again, this is free and open-sourced. If you find issues, feel free to file it here

https://github.com/skiptomyliu/milkshake/issues

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 7.18.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 7.18.43 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,484
Last edited:

hurricanedean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Pushed out an update to the store. You will now be able to view previously played tracks and to update your like/dislikes from it.

Pandora Premium subscribers will be able to re-play tracks from history.

hurricanedean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Pushed out v1.0.3:
  • Bug fix for textfields to reenable common keyboard shortcuts
  • Small improvements to users with slow connections that would cause the app to freeze

hurricanedean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Pushed out v1.0.4:
- Bug fix for music scrubbing (dragging the slider on the bottom to fast forward / backwards).
- Small loading indicator which helps indicate that the next song is loading.

hurricanedean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Pushed out v1.0.5!

1. Added ability to control volume
2. Fixed glaring bug where tracks would skip multiple times at the end of a song.
Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 12.02.02 PM.png

Dusten1

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2021
Appears the milkshake app has stopped working in the past week, no longer logs in (with username and password that works on website and app)

canative69

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
Appears the milkshake app has stopped working in the past week, no longer logs in (with username and password that works on website and app)
I also have this problem. I was going crazy trying to find the problem. I'm happy/sad that it's not just me.

vygy

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2021
I also have this problem. I was going crazy trying to find the problem. I'm happy/sad that it's not just me.
The app will work if you only input your username (not your password). It's wild, I know! But it worked for me.

vygy

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2021
The app will work if you only input your username (not your password). It's wild, I know! But it worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.