Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pointillism

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2007
The Real Bay Area, CA
Oh hey, it's one of my favorite parts of the off-season, Boras pun time. Some choice quotes from today:
  • "Chicago got the comforts of a full Belli. They’re going to have to loosen their belts to keep Bellinger."
  • "In the pitching autobahn, it's pretty much Mach Snell."
  • “Jung Hoo is going to bring K-pop to MLB.”

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
Oh hey, it's one of my favorite parts of the off-season, Boras pun time. Some choice quotes from today:
  • "Chicago got the comforts of a full Belli. They’re going to have to loosen their belts to keep Bellinger."
  • "In the pitching autobahn, it's pretty much Mach Snell."
  • “Jung Hoo is going to bring K-pop to MLB.”
tenor-395117416.gif

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Sports Illustrated says that Ohtani is "advancing" with...the Blue Jays! That's out of left field (pun intended)

• Wow
Reactions: pachyderm

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Sports Illustrated says that Ohtani is "advancing" with...the Blue Jays! That's out of left field (pun intended)
I'm also hearing that the Angels are still in play for him since he's already familiar with everything about the organization.

Dodgers are going to offer him a blank check.

Angels are familiar.

Blue Jays would be a change of scenery.

This is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out lol

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I'm also hearing that the Angels are still in play for him since he's already familiar with everything about the organization.

Dodgers are going to offer him a blank check.

Angels are familiar.

Blue Jays would be a change of scenery.

This is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out lol

Lord please don't sign with the Dodgers... that is all we need to hear about for the next year or years to come.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Well I remember when people were saying Giancarlo Stanton was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and he has been decidedly average of late.
This is true. When he was with the Marlins, dude was a beast. Since signing with the Yankees, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I do think it's somewhat hilarious that Soto declined the Nat's insane contract that they offered him because he thought he was going to get even more. Assuming the Yankees DONT give him a better contract, he'll be kicking himself for the rest of time.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
This is true. When he was with the Marlins, dude was a beast. Since signing with the Yankees, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I do think it's somewhat hilarious that Soto declined the Nat's insane contract that they offered him because he thought he was going to get even more. Assuming the Yankees DONT give him a better contract, he'll be kicking himself for the rest of time.

So few players these days seem to be motivated by leaving a legacy rather than large piles of cash. Is it really all about having the largest contract? People like Big Papi or Jason Varitek were paid well, but that’s not why they were loved. I think the fans love players who play with heart, not for their wallets.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Apparently...and take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt...but apparently, people online have been tracking private flights from LAX to Toronto and taking that as some sort of clue as to where Ohtani is going to sign...

I know the Blue Jays are in the mix as ONE of the teams he might sign with but come on...

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Apparently...and take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt...but apparently, people online have been tracking private flights from LAX to Toronto and taking that as some sort of clue as to where Ohtani is going to sign...

I know the Blue Jays are in the mix as ONE of the teams he might sign with but come on...
lol

Kinda creepy and extreme... they did the same to Elon Musk...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.