Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
I tried to find similar question, didn’t find it. Is it safe to say Apple is no longer doing bug fixes to Monterey? Maybe security patches but what about OS fixes for bugs or issues? I ask because when Apple dropped Catalina like a Hot potato in one year they ignored serious bugs and iCloud sync integration with newer OS. Which messed up my iPhone 14 PM iCloud data.

Now MBA 2017 is having delays with iCloud data. I restored my MBA 2017 clean twice it still took days for simple photo sync and iMessage takes up days to sync up. Even when leaving the MBA on for days with just screen off. Or even sleep for days. It never synchronizes timely. I didn’t do any TM migration to make sure it’s clean.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Yes. Two operating systems have been released since Monterey. After Sonoma is replaced I wouldn’t expect security updates anymore either save for very critical ones

Reactions: FJB

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Yes. Two operating systems have been released since Monterey. After Sonoma is replaced I wouldn’t expect security updates anymore either save for very critical ones
Yeah figures. That't the thing that irritates me the most. Hardware devices still supported by Apple Support. The OS Software that it's stuck running on is just abandoned by Apple. I know Apple can do whatever they want, but it sure is annoying that if the OS is still running on Supported Hardware, Apple should at least fix the OS Bug Issues that can come up.

EDIT: At least the MBA is still quite useful. I just turned off the integration with iCloud Services, iTunes, FaceTime, iMessage.... I made sure Firmware Lock is enabled at least.

Last edited:

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
I'm retiring the MBA 2017 anyway and no longer associated with iCloud account. When my current iPad is no longer supported by the OS, I'll upgrade that one instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.