Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmanley1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Does anyone have a Hi-Res (3200x2000) Mountain Lion image suitable for use as a wallpaper?

I ask because one of the first things I did after downloading and installing ML this evening was dig into the wallpaper folder and look for a Mountain Lion image to use. Alas, there wasn't one.

It looks as though they kept the Lion wallpapers (including the 'Lion') and added some new stuff (including 'Galaxy'). Curiously, 'Andromeda' is gone.

With Snow Leopard, for instance, was there a 'Snow Leopard' image in the wallpaper file?

Anyway, I digress.. this is my first iMac and the first time I have ever upgraded from the pre-loaded software to a new OS version so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I had hoped for a ML image. Silly huh?

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Does anyone have a Hi-Res (3200x2000) Mountain Lion image suitable for use as a wallpaper?

I ask because one of the first things I did after downloading and installing ML this evening was dig into the wallpaper folder and look for a Mountain Lion image to use. Alas, there wasn't one.

It looks as though they kept the Lion wallpapers (including the 'Lion') and added some new stuff (including 'Galaxy'). Curiously, 'Andromeda' is gone.

With Snow Leopard, for instance, was there a 'Snow Leopard' image in the wallpaper file?

Anyway, I digress.. this is my first iMac and the first time I have ever upgraded from the pre-loaded software to a new OS version so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I had hoped for a ML image. Silly huh?

I did the same thing! Maybe they will include one in an update.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
Here is a 1600 x 1200 that I liked...

Attachments

• Mountain-Lion-747202.jpeg
    Mountain-Lion-747202.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 1,525
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.