Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fwmireault

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I was just wondering if web push notifications support is coming for MacRumors? I would like to get forum notifications directly on my iOS devices, but I think it's still unsupported for now (correct me if I'm wrong). I know @arn said the feature was still in testing when iOS 16.4 was released, but I wanted to check in to see if there is any update on this

Thank you so much for any information!

BiscoDino

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Looking forward to it!

I’d really love it if we had the option of customising certain types of news article notifications. For instance, when a new iOS is released, or anything to do with iPhone etc.

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
I'm also not getting MR push notifications since the latest MacOS upgrade.
Do you have any idea when this will be fixed?

Last edited:

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Yes, that'd be good. I have MR sitting on the Home Screen and would love it if there appears a notification message without actually opening the web page.

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
MR push notifications have stopped with the latest MacOS upgrade. Any ideas on how to get them back?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Can you try unsubscribing and resubscribing? They're still working fine for me on Mac.

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
Just cleared history, set MR to "deny" in settings. MR forums asked for permission to send push notifications, I responded positively, MR and MR Forums self set to "allow" in settings>Notifications, but no immediate joy. How would I fully inscribe/resubscribe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.