Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pudge104

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
How do you do this?
For example, Guns N’ Roses - Appetitive For Destruction has a master artwork in your library, but each individual album has its own artwork.
I’ve given each disc on the set I’m working with it’s respecting artwork but can’t figure out the master artwork cover.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
I assume we are talking about manually added/ripped music files.
From my observation, the master artwork cover is taken from the first song of the respective album.
And no matter how many artworks you embed or which properties you set for them, iTunes/Music always picks the first image of the first song.
You can re-arrange the order of the images in the 'get-info window' of the first song but then that song does not show its disc-specific artwork anymore but the master one.

The only -ugly- way I have found is to create a dummy song with near-zero length in said album that sits in the first position.
Now that song defines the 'master artwork' while each actual song can have its own artwork that gets shown on playback.

Music.1.png
Music.2.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.