Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mass_storage4420

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2016
i am so relieved to hear someone else has had the same problem. I have been pulling out my hair and on the brink of insanity for almost a year. My problem originally began on my Dell computer in which I plugged in my iPhone to sync via iTunes. They had hacked my computer and became the "roaming administrator" all hidden beneath me controlling everything. My updates appeared to be loading, my firewall appeared to be working but over time bizarre things were happening like files and users and computers were appearing connected to my desktop. I eventually unplugged my dell and used only my MacBook which they hacked as well - my iPhone 4s, my child's android phone too. I finally got fed up and ditched my Dell XPS which was only 6 months old, ditched my MacBook, changed ISP Provider (after 4 new routers, encrypted passwords, firewalls ware etc couldn't get rid of the hackers), ditched our cell phones, changed cell providers and basically did a clean sweep of our house getting new devices and new services. I bought a brand new 29" iMac last July convinced by Apple they were secure. New router, new ISP, encrypted VERY encrypted passwords, router and computer firewalls set to high. Only used iMac Ethernet, all incoming blocked, wifi, Bluetooth etc all inactive. In a matter of days hacked!! iMac, iphone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPad mini, new MacBook ALL hacked. Our devices are syncing via Bluetooth to their computer - I have photos to prove it - Bluetooth syncing to nuvi #3809284246 (Nuvi is listed as a real-time social intelligence social media monitoring, listening, reporting program) They synced their keyboard and mouse to my iMac. There are thousands of hidden files on iMac, they have changed daemons, Kerberos and permissions. I have factory reset ALL my devices at least 5 times. Apple denies a problem - says it's impossible even with shell shock! The closest I got to an admission of a problem is when I showed a Genuis supervisor the hidden user and all the hidden files, and scans showing they have changed my router to redirect to a different address. The hacker is mounted to the root as part of the recovery so any reset just resets above it. I cannot seem to unmount them - APPLE CARE will only factory reset but not have a tech fix it.

They have hacked all my email addresses and are syncing them/controlling them with Xmailer, they have hacked my Apple ID so I can't even change it ( I need to verify my new Apple ID via email but the problem is I NEVER get the verification email! - I try to change Google email but they've changed my password, I'm synced via Chrome with them.

I don't get phone calls, I get voice messages 5 days later, my iMac is syncing with Apple TV I don't own! My cell phone can download music as if connected to iTunes ( apparently you can stream downloads like this if you are connected to Apple TV. I have 2,000 photos on my iPhone but they are not on my device when I go to Dropbox it shows only two of those pics are actually on my device.

I havE no contacts on my phone because of factory reset yet if I type a name in an email all these contacts show up - I'm NOT signed into iCloud on the device!! Worst yet there are contacts that are my 12 year old daughters not mine! AND contacts of a friend of mines.

I find photos of myself from my phone I didn't take. Turn the device off only to find it has been remotely started. They added the Find Friends app on my phone and I'm connected to it with all my email addresses but I can't disconnect because it's grayed out. I can't use my GPS app I bought because they are using it and I'm told only one device at a time can receive directions. All the terrific scanning programs I bought to find them like IP Network Pro etc won't work. If I try and download them again it will only download the Liteand won't restore the purchases. I downloaded Little Snitch on to my MacBook and the next day when I turned it on all I got is a large ? on the screen - can't even sign into to Recovery mode. I have a $2800 iMac that has been used 10 times collecting dust, unplugged.

I have a MacBook with a ? mark on the screen rendered useless! And three iPhones, an iPad mini, 3 iPod touch devices all hacked and controlled!! No privacy. My daughter tries to call me from school on bothy iPhones and she can't reach me - needs to call a neighbour to tell me to pick her up from school. - they turn the volume levels down on my phone, shut it off, drain the battery? , shut off alarms. I try calling out to Apple or ISP and talk to a bogus person I end up at bogus websites, passwords have been changed to websites, Google history shows devices trusted but I can't disconnect them because there is no remove button like there normally is. I have neighbours having similar problems - I suspect they may be on the "hub" because it doesn't seem to matter which ISP YOU USE. This has all brought me to the brink of insanity. This is only the tip of the iceberg of what's going on and all the specifics to prove its not in my head I have recorded in books of notes, thousands of photos/scans etc. everything I've tried to do to get rid of them I'm blocked out. I try to change Apple ID but can't because I don't get emails to verify, can sign in to App Store using Apple ID but not into iCloud to try to disconnect them because it says I need to verify the change to my Apple ID via email first.

AppLE, my ISP, the Police NO ONE WILL assist. I'm ready to cash in RRSP's to hire a technician but I'm not convinced spending another $1,000+ will make any difference. Afterall, I just bought an iMac, two new iPhones and a new MacBook and it made no difference. I ate two cell contracts, bought a new router too and a year later almost $10,000 poorer and I'm no further ahead. And Apple stands by their bs story they can't get hacked. They can!!
Now that the hackers have the Mac addresses of ALL of my devices they are like a beacon on the Internet waiting to be found. I'm just relieved someone else has a similar problem - I was starting to believe I had gone crazy. Apple it's time to start admitting there are vulnerabilities that can compromise Apple devices and put them at risk - can you say Shell Shocked? And when you are done doing that how about offering some help to fix the problem. Apple says everything is working fine - well yes except there on a man in the middle in control - how about helping to regain control!
[doublepost=1460296352][/doublepost]This has Ben a huge problem for me as well for the last year and a half and has cost me money friendships and even a bit of my sanity the hack was first done to my android and every other devices I obtained or came around me I have an iPhone 4 and it is my first iOS device android seems to be a much easier target for them but I have an idea of whom this is sourceing from and there is a reason that either no one knows what I'm talking about or wants to even try I have gone threw many phones and I would like to speak with any one else this is happening to and get your thoughts please get back with me I would like to end this in any way possible

mack22

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2016
[doublepost=1460296352][/doublepost]This has Ben a huge problem for me as well for the last year and a half and has cost me money friendships and even a bit of my sanity the hack was first done to my android and every other devices I obtained or came around me I have an iPhone 4 and it is my first iOS device android seems to be a much easier target for them but I have an idea of whom this is sourceing from and there is a reason that either no one knows what I'm talking about or wants to even try I have gone threw many phones and I would like to speak with any one else this is happening to and get your thoughts please get back with me I would like to end this in any way possible
[doublepost=1460487311][/doublepost]Hello. I'm having the same problem. What is your location?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.