Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazzer21-2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
I've plugged in and taken out all manner of peripherals, switched my external screen off (the other is a Studio Display so I can't) and when I click on 'sleep', 2 seconds later, it's back on. Sonoma 14.3

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
First... is your mini using ethernet or wifi for networking?

Start up the computer in Safe Mode. If it sleeps then you will know it is related to software you have installed. From there, you can start uninstalling software to get to the culprit.

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
My M2 Pro Mini sometimes does that. HDMI-connected external monitor, Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Ventura. No other peripherals. It's an occasional problem only. Sometimes days between such events. Usually sleeps after second, third or fourth attempt.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I use Control-Shift-Eject (older keyboard with an Eject key) to put my mini to sleep. When I use the mouse, sometimes I wake it up accidentally by clicking the mouse again.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I noticed recently my M2 will refuse to sleep if I select it manually from the menu also, but it will sleep when the auto settings activate. if I try to manually make it sleep, the screen will turn off but it will trigger itself back on within a second or two.

this just recently started happening. only changes ive made since the last time it worked was I added a Satechi dock with an external NVMe in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.