Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richard10250

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2023
Two months ago, I purchased a mophie speedport 120 4-port GaN Wall Charger (120W) for $100 at the local Apple store. The price was rather high, but I made the purchase with confidence that the product would be reliable and well supported.

Recently one of the speedport charging ports stopped output power, so I began the process of exploring my warranty options.

Going to the Apple Store webpage I find the advise the for warranty on this item I needed to contact the OEM.

Going to the Zagg (OEM for mophie products) website I find that I must register my device before a warranty claim can be processed. Attempts to register the item failed when the website rejected my serial number as invalid.

I emailed the Zagg website support for support, including a photo of my “invalid” serial number. A couple days letter I received a message that the support team had manually registered my device.

Returning to the Zagg website I processed my warranty claim only to find that replacement units were not available, and they would email me once the replacement units become available again. They did not provide any indication of when they expected replacement units would be available. The white unit (the color of my unit) shows out of stock on the website, but the black unit is in stock. I would be happy to replace my broken white unit with a black unit, but that is not offered. I will try another email to support...

Overall, I am rather disappointed in this support for a product sold via the Apple store. I guess it was a mistake to purchase an expensive but not Apple branded device.

Just my experience, your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.