Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LegendKillerUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Has anyone got N72AP.plist in the following directory?

System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N72AP.plist

I don't have it on mine and would rather manually enable the unified iPod rather than have to install software.

Any help appreciated.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
No iPod Touch 4G has that plist. Just put the proper key in the N81AP.plist under capabilities.

LegendKillerUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
No iPod Touch 4G has that plist. Just put the proper key in the N81AP.plist under capabilities.

Mine did on 4.2.1.

I have tried adding it to the N81AP.plist and it has no effect.

EDIT: Worked now. Restored back to factory and re-jailbroke. This time the plist showed all the correct capabilities.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Macchione

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
N81ap`

Speaking of those two plists, would anyone mind uploading the original N81AP.plist? Yes, I was stupid and didn't back it up...

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Speaking of those two plists, would anyone mind uploading the original N81AP.plist? Yes, I was stupid and didn't back it up...

It can't be uploaded or copied to a website because it contains Apple's copyrighted code. You'll have to restore your iPod, fix the broken parts, or extract it from the decrypted firmware. I'll can help you fix it, if you'd like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.