Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
Greetings -

I'll try to use as much brevity as possible (sorry... I'm kind of frustrated at the moment).

My old monitor died. I bought a new monitor. It worked with my old KVM and my computers, but the contrast and color depth was not as good as my old monitor. I knew this was not something I could live with.

After some research I bought another monitor (which required a new KVM). Everything was working until I change the refresh rate on my 2013 Mac Pro (60hz to 144 hz)... now I cannot get the monitor to register an input for that box.

I have tried directly connecting the monitor to the Mac Pro... nothing.
I have tried booting into safe mode and reset the display to default... nothing.
I have tried deleting all color profiles for the monitors (old and new)... nothing.
I have tried a different cable (multiple)... nothing.
I have tried different ports on the KVM... nothing.

The new KVM worked before the refresh change. The KVM still works for my Studio (at 144Hz) and 2012 Pro. I am currently screen sharing into my 2013 Pro.

Any suggestions on how I might be able fix this?

iAssimilated

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
Patience won again. I turned everything off over night. Unplugged/plugged all the cables. My monitor is now working with my KVM and 2013 Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.