Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floral

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Hi, I got on the site this morning to notice that the sitewide font looks like it has been changed .

If I recall, the site previously used Verdana (or something similar to it?) but now uses plain Arial. I wanted to make sure this wasn't just a me issue. Thanks :3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-28 7.27.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-28 7.27.30 AM.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 108

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
In all honesty I've not noticed any differences between today and prior days. Even if it did change, the alteration appears to be so minor, I have to ask who cares?

floral

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
In all honesty I've not noticed any differences between today and prior days. Even if it did change, the alteration appears to be so minor, I have to ask who cares?
...I thought it was something neat to talk about (also just to make sure my browser wasn't forgetting to display fonts?), and as far as I can tell, this is the first time the site has been altered in about 10 years, judging by past discussions.

floral

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
It's just you. We haven't changed anything.

Have you tried restarting your browser and/or computer?
Yes, this is why I made this thread, I guess an update might have made some stuff screwy.

Thanks for posting, my bad, you can go wasteland this.

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
I would browse the site if I were you. It's full of topics under the "who cares" category. Personally, I think choice of font is important in website design. However, I too have not noticed a difference.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I would browse the site if I were you. It's full of topics under the "who cares" category. Personally, I think choice of font is important in website design. However, I too have not noticed a difference.
Agreed.

Actually, I think that the choice of font is not just important in web design, but, rather, it is very important in web design.

Reactions: Madhatter32

floral

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Agreed.

Actually, I think that the choice of font is not just important in web design, but, rather, it is very important in web design.
In this case, it actually hasn't been changed in the website, just a personal issue... sorry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.