Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

primolabo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2014
could someone help and tell me is there some new gesture to do so? in portrait mode I always just tap the clock on the status bar and presto I am back to the top of the page. is it disabled in landscape? I really hope not...

TeToslaw

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
It's present in landscape mode. You just have to press the screen over the adres bar #

primolabo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2014
It's present in landscape mode. You just have to press the screen over the adres bar #

come on, for real? no way. and I do have slim fingers, thank you... I hope they will fix it soon, drives me crazy.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've had it happen where it doesn't even work in portrait mode. Seems like at times it just doesn't do anything--doesn't happen often, but enough for me to notice it here and there. This has been happening even since 8.0 (now on 8.1.1) on my iPhone 5.

dallastigers

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
TX
With iPhone 5 with Safari in landscape mode I have to tap once at top of screen and address bar appears and then I can tap a second time at top of screen to scroll all the way back up to top.

I cannot find a way for even this double tap to work or something else in messages and mail in landscape mode (similar to Safari in landscape in that these apps go full screen in landscape with clock, battery, signal menu disappearing
When put in landscape). When using messages and mail apps I have to rotate back to portrait tap to scroll to top and then rotate to landscape. I submitted bug reports and follow ups when asked, but at some point Apple quit asking if it was fixed even when I updated case saying problem was still there.

Reactions: sirkkalap

fluiday

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2014
could someone help and tell me is there some new gesture to do so? in portrait mode I always just tap the clock on the status bar and presto I am back to the top of the page. is it disabled in landscape? I really hope not...

Tap the phone case above URL address. Then actually your finger will slightly touch the bar above the URL address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.