Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayJamesWaller

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Swansea, Wales
Just wondering, but as I'm not currently planning on renewing either of my iOS or OS X developer memberships (UK cost is now considerably more than it was last year), what exactly should my process be for getting my devices on software that they should be allowed to be on? Both are on the very latest beta versions of each software and though I'm planning on getting myself on the public betas for iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, I really don't want either my iPhone 6 or MacBook Pro to suddenly stop working once my membership runs out. Anyone able to shed some more light on this? :)

Edit: My membership runs out in the next few weeks by the way.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I'm more concerned about your iPhone than I am your MacBook... but that being said, you should be able to update to the stable versions from the betas, regardless of member status.

Reactions: JayJamesWaller

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Just wondering, but as I'm not currently planning on renewing either of my iOS or OS X developer memberships (UK cost is now considerably more than it was last year), what exactly should my process be for getting my devices on software that they should be allowed to be on? Both are on the very latest beta versions of each software and though I'm planning on getting myself on the public betas for iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, I really don't want either my iPhone 6 or MacBook Pro to suddenly stop working once my membership runs out. Anyone able to shed some more light on this? :)

Edit: My membership runs out in the next few weeks by the way.

I'm a Developer as well and I thought you should know that iOS public Beta program is very hard to get into. I know in the US its full and not letting more in. OS X is much easier to obtain. Rumor has it that Monday 8.4 GOLD will drop and that will solve your issue.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
For iOS device, it is easier. I run beta on my device without registering my apple id as well as udid. But forum does not allow discussing this, so I cannot say how I achieve this.

For mac OS X, as long as users can get install app, installing beta in a separate partition should not be a serious problem.

I think, developer account is just only a token for users downloading software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.