Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeydo_jb

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2002
Columbia, MO
sparkleytone said:
wuwut. we made this last night.

Wow, that's pretty impressive!

Looks like that was hard to keep the rope intact on that.

My wife and I haven't decided on how to carve ours this year,
but I look forward to a thread on pumpkin carving to post it!

Oh, and, you're alive!

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa

cb911 said:
snip

click for full view, and for details... http://macsnaps.com/view.php?type=screengrab&id=1087&clear=1098317362

i just spent some time last night modding a few widgets to fit my whole "matrix-style" look that i'm going for. here's a quick run-down of what i did:

• changed the text in NetAct to Monaco, and changed the color.

• then changed the TubeClock from having orange numbers, go green. and also made the border smaller. i like it *much* better with a smaller border.

• then i went to work on FlipClock. i changed the color of it as well, although not quite what i wanted, but those graphics were such a pain to edit, i'm in no rush to change them again. i also managed to get rid of the text on this widget, and i'm going to make the 'label' or 'border' smaller later on. and i also tried to remove the date/month from the left side of the widget, but i only ended up with it bugging up on me. i might need some help with that. ;)

hmmm, I'm more worried about what this says

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 627

Axeon

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2004
dubbz said:

From two of my systems (click on pic for 1024x768 version).

There's usually about two zillion apps on the screen at once and I really, *really* need a bigger and better screen. The low resolution of my current one (an old Apple 15" LCD) is becoming annoying. Grr..

How did you get those 4 little boxes in your taskbar (the Linux-esque ones)?

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
This is my new one.
When I first saw this scuplture I had to hold my breath. It looks so soothing. It's one of the first sculptures to represent Bouddha (IV or V century) and it was discovered in Afghanistan.

Attachments

• desktop-october-light.jpg
    desktop-october-light.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 249

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
7on said:
hmmm, I'm more worried about what this says

ha ha. LOL. :D i was kind of waiting for someone to pick up on that. :D :p

yes, it is just a rasterbation, and yes, it probably is the Aki bikini mod you're thinking of edesignuk. :D and if you've got any hi-res versions of those... do you? that'd be sweet!

well, ShapeShifter 2 is out now, with a whole new swag of themes on the way, so i guess there's probably going to be a screenshot explosion soon...

but here's mine, no SS 2 yet, still the same old. but i finished modding the FlipClock widget. :D with a bit of help...

also, i just discovered, you don't need to open PhotoShop every time you want to save a screen cap as a JPEG. you can just use "cmd+ctrl+shift+4" to capture a selection of the screen to clipboard, then in Preview, go File > New from clipboard. then you can Export as a JPEG. only down-side is that it doesn't give you a preview of what it will look like... but if you've already got Preview open, it's faster than opening PS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.