Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsaponaro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Hi all,

Quick question for everyone…

Anyone have a rough idea what the value of the original HomePods are for resale? I seem to recall a little bit ago they were actually selling for a decent amount even though they were discontinued by Apple? Maybe because of people still wanting to stereo pair theirs?

Reason I ask is that I have a couple OG’s that work great but would consider selling to offset the cost of a couple of Sonos. Not sure if it’d be worth it though.

Any insight?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hi all,

Quick question for everyone…

Anyone have a rough idea what the value of the original HomePods are for resale? I seem to recall a little bit ago they were actually selling for a decent amount even though they were discontinued by Apple? Maybe because of people still wanting to stereo pair theirs?

Reason I ask is that I have a couple OG’s that work great but would consider selling to offset the cost of a couple of Sonos. Not sure if it’d be worth it though.

Any insight?
They went up in price briefly in the resale market after Apple discontinued them but since the newer version came to the market, the OG’s lost a lot of value. Just checking eBay, they’re not going for that much anymore for used ones. You could probably still sell them but a substantial hit on the price. Check eBay for reference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.