Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Only a couple...I'd be surprised if it was that bug free. No, I'd be expecting to see pink elephants fly if it was really that bug free. If it was that bug free, I'd put it out to market now, and not wait!

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
Originally posted by gopher
Only a couple...I'd be surprised if it was that bug free. No, I'd be expecting to see pink elephants fly if it was really that bug free. If it was that bug free, I'd put it out to market now, and not wait!

Bug free or not, they could just be adding last minute suprise features that they don't want to be seen untill the final release. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 1 or no more seeds to the public.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
every quality company making quality software makes sure there is no known bugs in the release. unknown bugs are of course fixed after the release when they appear.

in software development there is a certain point where feature list is frozen and effort is put into fixing bugs. it seems apple people have been doing just that for some time. it is also possible that there are more features in the internal builds than the seeded ones, but it seems unlikely. i think steve might have wanted people to gossip about the new features, so there might not be much to hide.

we'll see soon :)

yujini

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2003
LA, CA, USA
I don't see a reason why they would add a surprising feature at the last moment. Not only is that going to higher the risk of having more bugs but also a stupid thing since it's not like these beta versions have been released to the public.

These releases are for developers. Adding features without telling them is definitely a bad idea. Never have i seen an OS/application where a company would "add" features when they are busy fixing bugs. I'm sure they don't want to introduce more bugs.

canadianmacguy

Contributor
Apr 8, 2002
San Diego
Originally posted by JFreak
every quality company making quality software makes sure there is no known bugs in the release. unknown bugs are of course fixed after the release when they appear.

Actually, it's more like "here are the few bugs we know about, that we've decided to fix."

I'm sure there are bugs they know about that they've already deferred not to be fixed for 10.3.0.

:)

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
ok I really didn't mean to say new features, like OS those embedded like new finder features or something akin to expsose, those are huge. I meant to say gui refinements, that don't affect the core OS, like buttons, skin themes and other gui surprises.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Well, as far as ADC Panther seeding goes, this is the longest stretch we've gone without a updated seed, recently. The last one was 7B74 on Sept. 20th or 9 days ago. I'm thinking the next ADC Panther seed may be GM.

The GM for Jaguar came out on ADC just about three weeks before the public launch.

ffakr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2002
Chicago
Originally posted by amin
Besides the "About this Mac" dialogue, has anyone noticed any changes since 7B68? I have not.
my PPPoE was broken around Build 68 (maybe slightly earlier). It wouldn't remember my password.
Looks ok now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.