Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
so many times people claim to know something on these "tuesdays", I waited for about 4 months of "next tuesdays" for the 15" AlBook. I'll believe it when I see it.

Although, I am hoping about this one!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Sounds interesting.

I like to hear this! I'm looking forward to the release of Panther (so I can get a PowerMac G5 with it).

richie

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
The AI article is weird - it talks extensively about Panther, but at the beginning specifically states that Apple will lift an "embargo securing details of a new product". Then it merely compares pricing to Panther, not saying it is Panther.

Like I said, weird.

mproud

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
Originally posted by mateft
something to wake up to. Good news.
Unless something gets announced in like 2 hours, definitely something to sleep to for me :eek:

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
They said it's priced like Panther and it's a new product. It could be Panther, or it could be something else.

We're expecting iTunes for Windows, as stockscalper points out, but I don't think they'll charge $129 for that.

And dreamindirector, tomorrow is Wednesday, not Tuesday.

And as for other products, $129 is too low a price for the Tablet or the G5 Cube :)

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
That article was posted yesterday, so where is this surprise? I've never actually been in the office when something is released, Ive never been sitting at my desk, flipping from macrumors to apple and back.. to see when the update come. Is it usually at a certain time (pacific?) or what.. its 10am east coast, and I'm not seeing anything. We might get news of an upcoming in-store event... what time do these site updates usually appear?

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by cubist
They said it's priced like Panther and it's a new product. It could be Panther, or it could be something else.

We're expecting iTunes for Windows, as stockscalper points out, but I don't think they'll charge $129 for that.

And as for other products, $129 is too low a price for the Tablet or the G5 Cube :)

The article specifically says Tuesday morning, not tomorrow morning. However, it's already 10:30 EDT and nothing is showing up yet, so maybe it will be Wednesday. Either way, if Panther is indeed coming sometime around October 30th, you'd think Apple would be making an announcement here very soon so no worries. Looks like Panther is definitely going to be worth the wait. :)

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by Lancetx
The article specifically says Tuesday morning, not tomorrow morning. However, it's already 10:30 EDT and nothing is showing up yet, so maybe it will be Wednesday. Either way, if Panther is indeed coming sometime around October 30th, you'd think Apple would be making an announcement here very soon so no worries. Looks like Panther is definitely going to be worth the wait. :)

Yea, but 10am EST is only 7am Pacific time, not really morning there yet.

Panther would be a new product. I read the article and it's very obvious to me they think the new product is Panther. Not sure where the confusion or mystery for some is coming from.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Maybe they will announce that Panther will be released soon, and that purchasers of new computers from this point on will get the coupon for free Panther.

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University
Originally posted by cubist

It must be an Apple-branded PDA. I'm sure of it.

Yes, it's cheaper than the iPod. Don't argue with me here, dammit! :D

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Originally posted by arn
Wed was the other mentioned date:

And the wait begins... when I got into the office this morning the first thing I did was launch into IE to see if indeed Panther was out... But I hate when the page starts to load and the first piece of the graphic is "Introducing" and you get all excited and an instant later mumble "Stupid powerbooks."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.