Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
i didn't really read the instructions of the hacks and stuff.

how is the hard drive configured in this? do you have to erease the entire hard drive to do this? does it require two partitions, or a disc image, or folder in Mac osx?

also i have questions for drivers. although it can be booted now, can you instal Graphics drivers, and other drivers for this and have it working fine?

satans_banjo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
SE London
Currently there is no documented way to install XP on the Mac without formatting the entire drive first. The disk is then partitioned into a Mac partition and an MS-DOS partition and you have to install both OS X and XP newly on those partitions

The tutorial says that you could try partition managers, but they can't project what will happen

aol

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2002
WinXP must be "first" partition?

Curious if anyone's tried to put XP on the second partition, instead of the first partition of the disk. My gut says XP won't like this, but just curious. My machine is already partitioned and I assume that IF XP can be put on the second partition, I could just reformat the second partition and go from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.