Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Poppin' a cold one while the brisket smokes

IMG_4677.jpeg

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
IMG_4605.jpeg

Forgot I had this in the fridge. Texels Jutters bock. An autumn bock beer that might not be that suited for this time of the year, but it still tastes great. And you'll notice the 25% clearance sticker denoting that I bought it way after autumn :p

Brings me right back to touring the brewery and tasting their island-exclusive brews!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
View attachment 2374237
Forgot I had this in the fridge. Texels Jutters bock. An autumn bock beer that might not be that suited for this time of the year, but it still tastes great. And you'll notice the 25% clearance sticker denoting that I bought it way after autumn :p

Brings me right back to touring the brewery and tasting their island-exclusive brews!
Looks (and I would imagine that it tastes) delicious.

What exactly is "an autumn bock beer"?

Reactions: pachyderm

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Looks (and I would imagine that it tastes) delicious.

What exactly is "an autumn bock beer"?
I hadn't realised it but it's pretty much unknown outside of my part of the world :)
It's a caramely dark beer, malty and a bit bitter. Great for cold dark days. We also have spring bock beer which is a much lighter coloured beer.

Also the name of this one "Jutters bock" refers to the traditional beach combers of the island of Texel, who would often search for washed up treasure during the cold very windy days and who'd like to have a "warming up" drink afterwards. (which is more often the very strong Juttertje liquor, which this beer also has notes of)

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
I hadn't realised it but it's pretty much unknown outside of my part of the world :)
It's a caramely dark beer, malty and a bit bitter. Great for cold dark days. We also have spring bock beer which is a much lighter coloured beer.

Also the name of this one "Jutters bock" refers to the traditional beach combers of the island of Texel, who would often search for washed up treasure during the cold very windy days and who'd like to have a "warming up" drink afterwards. (which is more often the very strong Juttertje liquor, which this beer also has notes of)
Sounds like something I would enjoy

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Fascinating.
Sounds absolutely delicious, and this also strikes me as the sort of beer that I would absolutely love, as I love the German equivalent.

I have heard of 'bock' (and even 'double bock' - the superb Korbinian beer from Weihenstephaner is classed as, or, described as, a 'double bock', actuallly, as a 'dopplebock') beers, which hail from Germany and the German brewing tradition; and they tend to be quite strong, dark, and caramelly style beers (which I love), but, until I read your post, I had never heard of seasonal bocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heindijs

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
IMG_4629.jpeg

"Hoofd in de wolken" (head in the clouds) on of Lidl's many types of craft IPAs. I must admit that I've never had a New England style IPA but this one is a nice fruity, sour and bitter one.

Lidl has some great beers that are crafted for them, I especially enjoy their Crius strong blonde and Patronus weizen.
I also bought "Zwenkende Zweefmolen IPA"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.