Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Dear lord, do you fly space shuttles remotely or what do you need all this for?
Need had nothing to do with it (and never has). ;)

My wife does refer to is as 'Mission Control' though. Back in 2013, the boss bought a MacPro (a 2010 model) as my new desktop. It had the ability to drive three displays on one video card. At home I had a PowerMac G4 Quicksilver. I didn't want to be outdone by my work Mac so I loaded that Mac with three video cards and drove six displays. It was like that for years from the QS to a Quad G5 to the current MP I got in 2020. At some point I got a DisplayLink adapter for another Mac, but that Mac had trouble using it. So, I added it to the MP for two additional displays.

The TV on top is mainly used as a TV, but when I use it for the Mac it often displays YT videos. The vertical TV on the left I got at the Goodwill for $15 to replace a 23" Cinema Display. It has a failing backlight so I'm only using it for Finder windows. The rest I use for palettes and other temporary windows. With the way I have it set now I can have two InDesign documents open (one on each 30" Cinema Display) and my palettes in the middle (on the 20" Cinema Display).

It's what I want, so it makes me happy and therefore worth it to me.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
Skärmavbild 2024-04-10 kl. 17.42.46.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.