Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwApple! fwApple!

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2017
I had amassed quite a number of private tabs over a long time. Ever since upgrading to iPadOS 17 -the iPad is a 6th gen- it’s happened a couple a times now that a bunch of tabs has simply vanished. I never had this happen with iPadOS 16.

Anyone any ideas of what might be happening here?

bwApple! fwApple!

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2017
(as an aside, for whom it may concern: I advise against upgrading an iPad 6th gen to iPadOS 17. Things have slowed down considerably compared to iPadOS 16. The 6th gen is the only iPad with less than 3gb of RAM that is capable of running iPadOS 17. Maybe the 7th gen -with the same A10 chip but 3gb of RAM- would do better.)

NightfallOrchid

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2019
I had amassed quite a number of private tabs over a long time. Ever since upgrading to iPadOS 17 -the iPad is a 6th gen- it’s happened a couple a times now that a bunch of tabs has simply vanished. I never had this happen with iPadOS 16.

Anyone any ideas of what might be happening here?
Maybe check the setting under Settings -> Safari -> Close Tabs. It can be set up to automatically close tabs after a day, a week or a month.

I looked this up on my iPhone right now, but the setting should be the same on iPad.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 35
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.