Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

herothezero90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2024
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to decide what protective case I should get (base iPhone 13) for outdoor activities, hiking etc. Don't want it to be too bulky, and I was trying to decide between PhoneRebel Gen4, Mous Limitless 4.0 (not sure if Limitless 5.0 for iPhone 14 will fit the 13 but it seems to have nice side grip), DBrand Grip or something else y'all recommend.

I usually use multiple cases, so it would be nice that the case I pick isn't nearly impossible to take off.. Currently I have Caudabe Sheath and some generic clear case in rotation. I've tried many brands on my previous Samsung and OnePlus phones like Speck, Rhinoshield, Mous, Incipio, UAG, Spigen, Ringke. My all-time favorites were UAG, DBrand and I liked the look and style of Mous Limitless for S10+, it saved it from a nasty drop but at the same time I was wondering would it be dropped in the first place if it wasn't a slippery bar of soap. I loved the grip and the quality of DBrand grip, had it for 2 different phones but with shipping price and customs to my country (Croatia) and them sending me wrongly cut back stickers twice it's holding me back a bit from getting it. UAG cases I used were awesome with good grip and protection, but I read they have loose edges and MagSafe issues on new variants. PhoneRebel I discovered just recently, I'm impressed with their drop tests and the thin look combined with drop protection. But I read they are hard to take off, and I tend to take my case off to switch it every couple of weeks or when I go hiking etc. I'd appreciate any advice and recommendation.
Thanks for reading :)

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
I've used this case for two years, and though it's not fancy, it fulfills all of the requirements that you mention.
Grippy, easy on & off,
And as careful as I am with my phone, this case has 100% protected it from some rather nasty drops on the hiking trails (rocks, gravel, etc), no damage to phone or case.
The material is grippy, and the well placed finger grooves give additional security in the hand, also allowing for
easy in and out of a pocket.
Also relatively inexpensive.

Reactions: herothezero90

herothezero90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2024
I've used this case for two years, and though it's not fancy, it fulfills all of the requirements that you mention.
Grippy, easy on & off,
And as careful as I am with my phone, this case has 100% protected it from some rather nasty drops on the hiking trails (rocks, gravel, etc), no damage to phone or case.
The material is grippy, and the well placed finger grooves give additional security in the hand, also allowing for
easy in and out of a pocket.
Also relatively inexpensive.
Thanks! This is what I’m looking for, seems protective and grippy, easy to handle, looks interesting not in a bad way. And texture looks like Caudabe Sheath which I love. So I went to check out a review or two and just as I was ready to buy it relized they don’t deliver to Croatia :( I checked german Amazon as well, also no delivery to my country sadly

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Thanks! This is what I’m looking for, seems protective and grippy, easy to handle, looks interesting not in a bad way. And texture looks like Caudabe Sheath which I love. So I went to check out a review or two and just as I was ready to buy it relized they don’t deliver to Croatia :( I checked german Amazon as well, also no delivery to my country sadly
:(
That's too bad, I think you would have liked it.
Let me know if you're in Arizona, U.S.A., perhaps we can go for a hike together!

Reactions: herothezero90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.